Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: GEG 'Dead Man's Hand' Figures - a brief review  (Read 3877 times)

Offline philhendry

• Scientist
    • My Wargaming Website
Re: GEG 'Dead Man's Hand' Figures - a brief review
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
Ok, stopped being cross now.  lol
Okay, I'll come out from behind the sofa now then... ;)

This thread wasn't meant to be about North Star, but GEG...  But the second poster mis-read my first post!  I have no complaints about your customer service Nick - you replaced my miscast figure in no time flat.  The bent weapons were annoying - and I ended up replacing some of the Yari shafts with brass - but I might well have done that anyway.  The DVD boxes are too big though - the figures, in their baggies, rattle up and down, and the weapons get bent.  More padding, or smaller boxes, would solve the issue...  Thugh more padding might take you to the point where the Perrys' solution (card boxes) becomes the more cost-efficient (though less attractive on the shop shelf) option.

Just between you and I, the Ronin was moulded and cast by the same guy who does Perry................ Moulds back with us now.
And, to judge by the style in which they're moulded, the GEG Dead Man's Hand stuff too - hence my mentioning you in my post about GEG...

I'm well on the way to having my second two buntai painted - bushi and sohei.  Going to look really nice I think.  Can't fault the sculpting, or the presentation.