Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 07:09:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697306
  • Total Topics: 118819
  • Online Today: 589
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ongoing issues with Black Cat Bases, recent developments: pp.21ff.  (Read 82591 times)

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Has anyone been able to contact Black Cat Bases?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
That is one hell of a backlog of orders.

It does give an idea of just how long you may have to wait, but at least things are moving, albeit very slowly.

i dont care...i want my money back
and if i may order there again i will think about it for a long  beforehand !

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:49 PM »
It does give an idea of just how long you may have to wait, but at least things are moving, albeit very slowly.

It also isnt moving in numerical or chronological order, which increases frustration.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »
i dont care...i want my money back
and if i may order there again i will think about it for a long  beforehand !

Fair point, not saying that you should not feel that way.
I am just commenting that for those that have gone beyond any time limits, ie. Paypal reclaims etc, that there is hope that you will get what you ordered.
Eventually.

It also isnt moving in numerical or chronological order, which increases frustration.

Hmmm.....not so good.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »

The only contact I had with them mentioned that my order include items that they had to remaster moulds for. That may be a complicating factor in getting orders shipped

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2014, 02:16:10 PM »
My order from October has been dispatched. However, it was so long ago that I've moved in the interim, so now I have to go back to my old place to see if I can collect it from the landlord.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
I have to say, until I read that people are not only caught up, but orders are being fulfilled in a timely manner for a few months, I just cant take a chance.  In fact, in light of an illness, it may not be helpful to add to their 'order mountain' since we are aware...

On a personal note, i do hope they can bounce back both health wise and with their business.

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
The only contact I had with them mentioned that my order include items that they had to remaster moulds for. That may be a complicating factor in getting orders shipped

Its possible.  

That said, unfortunately nothing really justifies the lack of communications and continued sales despite what appears to be zero fulfillment, remastered moulds or otherwise.  I have been very accommodating and patient and have yet to get even an acknowledgement of my attempts to communicate with BCB since last August.

My order is small - under €15 - so I am less concerned than some others when it comes down to it, but the value of the order shouldnt really be the issue anyway.  Ho hum.

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
My order is small - under €15 - so I am less concerned than some others when it comes down to it, but the value of the order shouldnt really be the issue anyway.  Ho hum.

Agreed the Value doesn`t matter when it comes to treating your customers. Its mindboggling. Since AUGUST without an answer!

Like most of us I am sympathetic to their personal issues, but from what I am reading this has been going on for quiete a while and I lack the understanding for how they can`t find some solution.

People even offered their help. They could get some Part Time help to deal with all the emails coming in or Team Up with another Bussiness for the Time being.
Anything.something. If I only heard something from them, even if it had been : "We are sorry this could take 3/6/12 Months since we have so and so many Back orders" or they could finally CLOSE THE STORE DOWN till they have sorted things out.

Be upfront since this are special circumstances, tell the community how many Backorders we are talking about.

But nothing at all doesn`t work for me. I don`t buy into Internet Problems as well, not for 8 Months in the year 2014. They continue to sell stuff via ebay and they met with People in person, why don`t tell them to Post Information on their behalf to migitate the damage.

I understand that People want to defend them and I believe People who tell me that they are likable and trustworthy Persons, but in the end I need to protect myself and my Earnings.

This is about more than "Just Toy Soldiers". I earn my money, I worked for it, as others waiting did. I think its reasonable to ask where that money has gone while I haven`t gotten anything in return, not even a single Line of Reply, Confirmation or Information to my Tries to get in Touch with them.

Is saddens me since I heard so much good about them and I love their Line of Miniatures. and I am no one to rant about something this much usually, but they are really damaging themselves if they continue to deal with this in this manner.

I don`t believe for a second that they are oblivious to this Thread or the ones on TMP, or the messages they are getting, its a conscious decision to deal with this situation they way they are doing it. I get thatt they are probably overwhelmed and in over their head, but there are Solutuions to that. I hope they know what they are doing...

Appologies if I offend someone that knows them personally and I appologize to them also. I do wish them well, but I won`t do Bussiness with them anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:27:39 PM by Theatralic »

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline Grimrod

• Bookworm
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:07 PM »
I should mention...it appears the obelisk lines have been removed from their site
" 'Ol Jugger may be Friendless but He's never Weaponless

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
I should mention...it appears the obelisk lines have been removed from their site

I'm told that line is going to a German company, hopefully soon.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »
I'm told that line is going to a German company, hopefully soon.

It would be good to have them available again.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »

Great....Not. A large chunk of my Aug 2013 order (# in the 2190s) is from that line of figs.

I sent them a letter by snail mail this week. Hopefully that will generate a response. Dead silence via email and eBay inquiries...

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
It could be that they're no longer licensed to sell Obelisk. In a best case scenario they still have the ability to mold them even if they're not in stock, or have an arrangement to keep the molds until they've cleared the backlog.

If that's not the case a responsible seller would have emailed you about the circumstances.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »

If that's not the case a responsible seller would have emailed you about the circumstances.

I do think we're sort of past that point now...

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2014, 05:29:15 AM »
It could be that they're no longer licensed to sell Obelisk.

They aren't. There was an announcement about it a while back