Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Battle System Sci-fi Modular Terrain  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Battle System Sci-fi Modular Terrain Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
I'd go for a bloodied version too to be honest, great for sci fi horror like dead space,  aliens, event horizon,  sci fi cthulhu,  that sort of thing.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »
I think a linear structure is very doable... probably quite easy.

The standard tile is 8 inches x 8 inches, so if you lined them all up (x9) that's 2 yards, though the rooms would be kinda small.

One of the things I will be looking to get is some extra tiles, both large and small... but especially the small ones because that would give you more space vertically and also could be used as small rooms or corridors if building horizontally.

I do agree, though, it would be nice to see a shot of a horizontal build simulating, for example, a space ship.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:22:58 PM »
One comment....couldn't see any of the plastic clips in the example layout (as part of the actual layout rather than as a standalone).  Previous card/clip combos have been swathed in plastic clips which detract from the overall effect...are they all hidden somehow, or did the manufacturer think the terrain didnt look so great covered in shiny plastic clips?

Just a thought.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
One comment....couldn't see any of the plastic clips in the example layout (as part of the actual layout rather than as a standalone).  Previous card/clip combos have been swathed in plastic clips which detract from the overall effect...are they all hidden somehow, or did the manufacturer think the terrain didnt look so great covered in shiny plastic clips?

Just a thought.

The clips are in the videos. To be honest there doesn't seem to be many and the ones that are there are clear plastic and appear to be relatively well hidden.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
Yeah I think those ramps at the bottom of each wall section hide many...but not all ...of the clips.

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
Well... the clips are there, but they are clear and transparent, so they are hard to see:

Much easier here:

Depends on the lighting.

Offline Forofo27

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
I think a linear structure is very doable... probably quite easy.

The standard tile is 8 inches x 8 inches, so if you lined them all up (x9) that's 2 yards, though the rooms would be kinda small.

One of the things I will be looking to get is some extra tiles, both large and small... but especially the small ones because that would give you more space vertically and also could be used as small rooms or corridors if building horizontally.

I do agree, though, it would be nice to see a shot of a horizontal build simulating, for example, a space ship.

Would be nice to she a photo with a space hulk mission layout.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »
Amy and me have just thrown some money at this as it will be great for so many games (DWMG, Deadzone, AvP, Sedition Wars and more).

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
I'd be tempted by this if I hadn't just thrown money at the Mars Attacks kickstarter. I guess I'll be giving the money to my FLGS when Battle System releases this to the public.

Kickstarter, the most dangerous thing to happen to gamers since collectible card games... 

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »
This one is really perking along nicely...more stretch goals have been achieved and new add-ons keep appearing...the temptation is growing!  ;D

Cheers,

Blue

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
Looking forward to this coming out next year.
Currently looking at all the various games I can play on it. So many to choose from not sure where to start.

LGW

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
The sample dungeon wall, cut from the same die as the SF walls, looks surprisingly good too.

Offline chromedog

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 07:05:01 AM »
I'd like to, but the price for a 4x4 of this was waaaay outside my price range - unless I was doing it as a piecemeal thing - where it would take a year to get it together.

If I didn't pay GW $400 for their RoB, I'm sure as hell not paying $580 for a cardboard terrain table layout (yes, those are AUD prices).  The 4x4 size for this table worked out at £320. 

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
I'd like to, but the price for a 4x4 of this was waaaay outside my price range - unless I was doing it as a piecemeal thing - where it would take a year to get it together.

If I didn't pay GW $400 for their RoB, I'm sure as hell not paying $580 for a cardboard terrain table layout (yes, those are AUD prices).  The 4x4 size for this table worked out at £320. 

Just a thought, but the Stronghold set looks like it has far too much wall material for a single 2x2 board.  You could buy three extra sets of floor tiles (£26 to cover a 2x2 board), or print them out from someone else's PDFs, or get some textured plasticard for the floors (6 sheets for each 2x2 area).  You'd then have to stretch out the walls and scenics as much as possible, but you could add to those piecemeal.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »
Posted this on one of the local gamers Yahoo groups - surprisingly no negative comments about it being a historical group but maybe the unofficial motto "Anything historical, anything miniatures" is becoming more of a reality htan in the past.

Unfortunately, I am looking to move from 25+ mm to 15/6/3 mm for games so it isn't in my interest to participate in the KS.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!