Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686476
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Battle System Sci-fi Modular Terrain  (Read 14603 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: Battle System Sci-fi Modular Terrain Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
I dont have vast sums to throw at the hobby, but this product fills a niche that I had given up on.  I can handle and enjoy the amount of time, expense and effort involved in making/buying/assembling and painting various exterior terrain sets, but once interiors become involved its just too much of a time sink for me. 

I am hopeful that I can fire <€200 at this and then not worry about 95% of my interior terrain again, giving me more time to paint toy soldiers.  I spent €120 on a getting a pair of Zuzzy mats sent across the atlantic a couple of years ago and it was some of the best hobby budget spent ever in terms of practicality and repeated use.  I am hoping for a similar amount of return here.

So I am in on this one.  Fingers crossed that the shiny clear clips are less prominent than they are on the Malifaux Terraclips stuff.

I'd go for a bloodied version too to be honest, great for sci fi horror like dead space,  aliens, event horizon,  sci fi cthulhu,  that sort of thing.

Im pleased that its largely a pristine set of graphics.  Its quite easy to take a terrain set in one of the directions above if desired, but its almost impossible to do the reverse.

Even though the majority of the games that I will play on it will likely be of a Dead Space/Aliens/Event Horizon nature (funnily enough) I can also happily have some Starfleet or Star Wars guys wander around without it looking too horror specific.

If I had full control I would make the set a little less industrial and a little more clean edged, more 2001 or Death Star interior in places, but thats a taste thing really I suppose.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
I'd want them all Paul. Clean, dirty and bloodied sci-fi  :D
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Col. Aubrey Bagshot

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 11:25:15 PM »
I have been in conversations with the nice chap at Battle Systems, Colin, and have been trying to get him to add a new pledge level to the KS.

We basically need a "Hulk" pledge level that would be multiples of the STATION pledge.
This would give you a lot of rooms and corridors and make the whole pledge a ONE LEVEL gaming environment. No walk ways, no gantries no stairs. Just a large single level interior space.

Colin very much liked my idea and is looking in to the possibility of adding it as a new pledge level. So i suggest if any other LAf members would also like a large sci fi interior space, a HULK pledge level, PM Colin and express your interest as well.

If a few of us on here PM him, it may very well happen!
Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Spike Milligan

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:54 AM »
I have been in conversations with the nice chap at Battle Systems, Colin, and have been trying to get him to add a new pledge level to the KS.

We basically need a "Hulk" pledge level that would be multiples of the STATION pledge.
This would give you a lot of rooms and corridors and make the whole pledge a ONE LEVEL gaming environment. No walk ways, no gantries no stairs. Just a large single level interior space.

Colin very much liked my idea and is looking in to the possibility of adding it as a new pledge level. So i suggest if any other LAf members would also like a large sci fi interior space, a HULK pledge level, PM Colin and express your interest as well.

If a few of us on here PM him, it may very well happen!

So that's what you were going on about in your text.  I'll call Harry this week re the other commissioned bits we we where waiting on as it's November now :D

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
@ Col. Aubrey Bagshot
I like the idea of a 'Hulk' multiple of the station, I am in at Stronghold level, but a good deal on a few multiple of the station would be what I really would think might work.

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 09:43:54 AM »
So that's what you were going on about in your text.  I'll call Harry this week re the other commissioned bits we we where waiting on as it's November now :D

Covering all my bases... ;)
And anyway, if Battle systems have had the die's cut to enable them to have all the sheets of walls ect produced, the images or textures on those sheets of card could be changed.... ie the "other" stylee of walls we were looking for could be card and not perspex!
As i have ALL the high res images all ready to go, as you know.....

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »
@ Col. Aubrey Bagshot
I like the idea of a 'Hulk' multiple of the station, I am in at Stronghold level, but a good deal on a few multiple of the station would be what I really would think might work.

Thanks Marauderman, and If more people could email Battle systems about this idea, we could very well get them to add it as an option....

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »
I emailed them regarding the Hulk pledge I got this response on the main comments page:

@Lord GreyWolf
You've done loads and I'm sure you will get us some cross backers. The HULK pelage is a big number crunching exercise, I will have a look tonight. :o)

LGW

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »
That sounds like an interesting idea....how do you recommend reaching out to him....thru email?  thru the comments on the KS page?

Cheers,

Chris
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »
I used the "contact" button on the Kickstarter page... they are pretty good with checking their messages.

LGW

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
I knew they'd make that Medi-bay an add-on.  >:(

;)

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »
Just heard that we should have a new option for a single level large set pledge by the end of the week!
So all those space hulk or aliens gamers should be rather happy about that....

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »
its not quite a pledge more of an add on.

If you are wanting just the "Hulk" set up then you will need to pledge at the £1 pledge level and then add the value of the hulk to that plus what ever postage you need to cover.
for example:
U.K: £1+£70+£8= £79 for just the Hulk + stretch goals [Hulk only]
R.oW: £1+£70+£16= £87 for just the Hulk + stretch goals [Hulk only]

or you can add it to your Stronghold pledge just add the £70 to your current amount.

Note: if you have pledge for a double Early Bird Stronghold but wish to have 1 Stronghold and 1 hulk you would need to change your pledge to a single Stronghold and then add on the Hulk. This was done to make easier on new backers and also on BSL. So you will need to decide whether to keep your Early bird or drop it so you could add a bigger foot print to your table and have more choices.

LGW

NB: Also don't forget to include your postage in your pledge £8 for the U.K and £16 for the  Rest of the World. It seems some backers have forgotten to do this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:57:51 PM by Lord GreyWolf »

Offline Forofo27

• Bookworm
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »
Good news! That pledge is for me. ;D