Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [LaserCutCard] Gothic Bastion  (Read 40428 times)

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] New WIPs for M113 R, MK IV tank and more
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2016, 01:14:05 PM »
Not quite sure what you're tantalisingly implying here but I'll be getting a turret so I can build it as a 95mm Cromwell CS turret to swap onto my 1/48 Tamiya kit when it needs to do duty as a D-Day Royal Marines vehicle...  ::)

Yes - that is exactly where we were going with this. Mix and match is the order of the day  :D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »
It looks like more than enough room for the tweak I had in mind to reduce the track build by roughly 3/4.
If you can rotate the strips and increase them from 13mm to 42m (assuming there's approximately 90mm,of height on the sheet just for ease )then you can use the same net/ grid  but with only twenty 1.5mm runs)
The idea being that you attatch them to the tracks before removing them from the frame.So 1.5mm strip covers four track plates in one go.Now depending on preference the modeller can do all twenty (which make the 'cornering ' a little more curved.Or fifteen strips across the four widths of track,then remove them up that point and do the last five one set of four at a time to give you more authentic links for the ends.
It's easier twenty easy to handle '4cm' lengths than 80 '1cm' lengths.It doesn't seem such a chore especially as it's done before the track released from the frames.

Hmmmmm, now that's an interesting idea. Good old "But what if you turn it on its side?" engineering.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »
It looks like more than enough room for the tweak I had in mind to reduce the track build by roughly 3/4.
If you can rotate the strips and increase them from 13mm to 42m (assuming there's approximately 90mm,of height on the sheet just for ease )then you can use the same net/ grid  but with only twenty 1.5mm runs)
The idea being that you attatch them to the tracks before removing them from the frame.So 1.5mm strip covers four track plates in one go.Now depending on preference the modeller can do all twenty (which make the 'cornering ' a little more curved.Or fifteen strips across the four widths of track,then remove them up that point and do the last five one set of four at a time to give you more authentic links for the ends.
It's easier twenty easy to handle '4cm' lengths than 80 '1cm' lengths.It doesn't seem such a chore especially as it's done before the track released from the frames.

Your influences are definitely as stated lol,The Indiana Jones version is a winner. The other versions would make Rick Priestly chuckle, ;)
Mark

i wish you had chipped in with this before I had the damn things recut  :P

Ah well - we can always change it for the production run

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] New model: M113 R tracked APC
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2016, 12:39:32 PM »

Today we release a new model: the M113 Redux tracked APC
This is a futuristic evolution of our generic APC based on the US M113.

It features a new suspension and wheel system and side doors that open forwards to protect troops when leaving / entering

It is made from layers of 1mm heavy card, laser cut.

The hatches and doors can be modelled open or shut .

It is compatible with our range of turrets

$12.95 for 1 model or buy a platoon of 3 for only $29.95

It is in the store here http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/vehicles/m113_r_tracked_apc

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Re: [LaserCutCard] New model: M113 R tracked APC
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2016, 03:52:28 PM »
That is very sharp looking, and a platoon of them for less than the cost of one GW rhino!  If I hadn't already hunted down original RT-style Rhino's for my Squats, this is what I'd go for. 

Nice work.

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] M113R conversion
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
I repainted this model as I really wasn't happy with the first paint job. I'm far happy with this effort.

I also got sent a WIP shot from someone who is converting theirs by raiding the bitz box... pretty cool!

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »
Neal kindly sent me a pre production draft of the mkIV. Which arrived this morning.It took roughly an hour and a half to get to this stage.(however I work insanely fast with card).
The red painted areas are notes or modifications made by me.Simply because this is an unfinished draft and lacks a few things.The notes are for Neal(full break down will be sent asap Neal.just not able to attach relevant images from a phone.)
In short this is going to make for some very nervous manufacturers when this emerges as a product.Very simple to construct.

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
I cannot believe you built that without any instructions - I meant to do them yesterday but figured the kit would not have arrived yet.

Looking very forward to your comments / criticisms

Neal kindly sent me a pre production draft of the mkIV. Which arrived this morning.It took roughly an hour and a half to get to this stage.(however I work insanely fast with card).
The red painted areas are notes or modifications made by me.Simply because this is an unfinished draft and lacks a few things.The notes are for Neal(full break down will be sent asap Neal.just not able to attach relevant images from a phone.)
In short this is going to make for some very nervous manufacturers when this emerges as a product.Very simple to construct.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
My first reaction is, that's cardboard!!

Very impressive.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
Neal
If that's hard to believe,then your going to have trouble with this lol
I managed to get it 80% painted ,before I had to get on with some work,and take the Mrs out for lunch.
I'll try and finish painting and basing it tomorrow evening.

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2016, 07:12:17 PM »
Neal
If that's hard to believe,then your going to have trouble with this lol
I managed to get it 80% painted ,before I had to get on with some work,and take the Mrs out for lunch.
I'll try and finish painting and basing it tomorrow evening.

:o

Fantastic

Do you mind if I post these painted shots to the facebook site?

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »
Neal,
If you want,there a bit grainy though.
I'll post the completed and based version as a topic on the Great War board.Just so you can get some different feed back.(and some better pictures.)
Mark.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2016, 08:11:17 PM »
I'm not going to be able to base it as deadlines have been bumped on a bread and butter project and seen as the kids like to eat I'll have to do the paid work thing.
I've  popped a thread on the Great War board with some context/scale comparison photographs,
Mark.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2016, 08:53:43 PM »
Nice work.  The reverse rivet (hole instead of nub) effect works pretty well.  It's a very effective illusion.

Defintiely a clever way to add the kind of surface detail that card kits sometimes lack. 

Offline LaserCutCard

• Librarian
  • LaserCutCard
    • LaserCutCard
Re: [LaserCutCard] New Artillery releases
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2016, 08:45:20 AM »
Where to begin?

This is our single biggest product release to date and there is a LOT to cover, so please bear with us.

Firstly, the Na-To Tractor

This is a modification of the Na-To chassis with wheel armour. A key point here (we will come back to it below) is that

- the sides can fold flat
- it has a tow hook on the back

Next - two new vehicle accessories.

The Servo Arm takes the drudgery out of the heavy lifting, and can be attached to any vehicle

The Bulldozer Blade can be attached to the front or back of most vehicles (when at the back it can represent a recoil spade)

And now on to the main event... three new artillery pieces.

All the artillery pieces come with various barrels that can be swapped out between games.

The first artillery piece is the vehicle mounted artillery

This is just the gun plus a plate that can be glued onto the back of any flatbed (but which is specifically designed for the Na-To chassis or tractor)

Here we see the first barrel option - the battle cannon

This is the siege mortar barrel

By combining the two we get a super mega big cannon

The next artillery piece is the fixed emplacement. This comes on a sturdy tripod mount.

Again, all three barrel options are included in this kit

And finally - probably the best model we have produced to date - Big Bertha (the wheeled artillery kit)

This is our favourite kit so far. It went through quite a bit of revision and input from a lot of people to get to this stage but the results speak for themselves.

It comes with the servo arm accessory included and can be upgraded to include a Na-To tractor at a big discount

The servo arm is fully posable during building and it was very easy to modify the kit to show this dynamic loading scene.

I hope the pictures can do this model justice - please click on them for bigger versions.

The artillery is in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/vehicles/artillery

The Na-To tractor is in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/vehicles/modern-vehicles

The vehicle accessories are in the store here: http://www.lasercutcard.co.za/shop/vehicles/vehicle_accessories