Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690678
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Figure sourcing (several, and all buggers so far)  (Read 1925 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Figure sourcing (several, and all buggers so far)
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »
Okay, okay, I know - another question!

I've been trying to find some minis for my project, but quite a few of them are only available as a single mini in a large pack, which is all rather a waste for me. I posted up in the Wanted thread (here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=60509.0), but enough time has passed that I don't think I'm going to get any replies, so I have to consider alternate options.

Some things I will have to just suck up any buy as a pack (I'm sure I can find a use for all four of the British officers, for instance) but others would just be a total waste. So before I spend a ton just for one figure, I thought I'd ask if there are any alternatives I hadn't considered and which can be bought singly.

What I need (in rough order of importance):

1) Good-quality Sikh heads. Bolt Action has a pack of 4 heads x 6 sprues, for a total of 24. I only need 1 of those sprues. Or even just two or three heads.

2) A woman in a Sari. Foundry has one in their Indian civilians package.

3) A sinister/sedate-looking Soviet Comissar type figure, in a peaked cap and not a budenovka. Ideally I wanted the fellow from the Copplestone Commissars pack with his arm behind his back.

4) WWI/Interwar British Indian Muslim infantry heads. I only need a few of these. Copplestone has a great set of muslim infantry I was going to snip the heads off of, but you're buying 24. Way too excessive for just a couple of heads.

5) WWI/Interwar British tropical bodies. Again, Copplestone has ones that are perfectly fine, but again it's a full-sized two dozen.

Can any of that be found individually from other sources? 1, 2, and 3 are vastly more important than 4 or 5. I don't need 4 or 5 yet, not until I try and run a larger game and that won't be for a while. But the heroes, yes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:19:18 AM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Figure sourcing (several, and all buggers so far)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
4) WWI/Interwar British Indian Muslim infantry heads. I only need a few of these. Copplestone has a great set of muslim infantry I was going to snip the heads off of, but you're buying 24. Way too excessive for just a couple of heads.

5) WWI/Interwar British tropical bodies. Again, Copplestone has ones that are perfectly fine, but again it's a full-sized two dozen.

Copplestone's regular 28mm rank & file figures are in 10-packs, not 24s.

There's also Brigade Games; the best of their stuff is as nice as Copplestones, for rank & file, and they're in 8-packs, so potentially fewer spare figures for you to deal with. Brigade's ranges could cover your 4 & 5, and possibly 1, although they don't sell separate heads.

The only separate-head WW1 range I know of is Woodbine Design via Gripping Beast, and their WW1 in the East range has separate sprues of 5 Sikh or 5 Hindi heads which might be exactly what you need. Their bodies mostly come in ten-packs, though...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
Okay, okay, I know - another question!

I've been trying to find some minis for my project, but quite a few of them are only available as a single mini in a large pack, which is all rather a waste for me. I posted up in the Wanted thread (here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=60509.0), but enough time has passed that I don't think I'm going to get any replies, so I have to consider alternate options.

Some things I will have to just suck up any buy as a pack (I'm sure I can find a use for all four of the British officers, for instance) but others would just be a total waste. So before I spend a ton just for one figure, I thought I'd ask if there are any alternatives I hadn't considered and which can be bought singly.

What I need (in rough order of importance):

1) Good-quality Sikh heads. Bolt Action has a pack of 4 heads x 6 sprues, for a total of 24. I only need 1 of those sprues. Or even just two or three heads.

2) A woman in a Sari. Foundry has one in their Indian civilians package.

3) A sinister/sedate-looking Soviet Comissar type figure, in a peaked cap and not a budenovka. Ideally I wanted the fellow from the Copplestone Commissars pack with his arm behind his back.

Can any of that be found individually from other sources? 1, 2, and 3 are vastly more important than 4 or 5. I don't need 4 or 5 yet, not until I try and run a larger game and that won't be for a while. But the heroes, yes.

Check out Woodbine (Gripping beast) for head muslim and sikh head sprues. Eureka (or Fighting 15s) has a great set of Indian civilians at a fair price. empress have separate Moor heads which will do at a pinch.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »
Anyone got any pictures of the gripping beast muslim & sikh turbaned heads? There don't seem to be any images on the site?

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »
Have you considered Pulp Figures for British tropical uniforms?
"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
Yes. The tropical uniforms are probably the easiest to pick up.