Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bringing back 40K 2nd ed again (AAR)  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Bringing back 40K 2nd ed again (AAR)
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
I hadn’t played WH40K since last summer, about time!

Nothing too complex, my pal came around, we just grabbed a bunch of minis (first we had at hand) and played this sillyness:
Khornelius ben Calavernius is a worshipper of… well, I bet you guess. He is going to be possesed this morning by a Demon Prince. But it seems he is the only one excited by the idea…
Inquisitor Publius B. Adass has received notice that a heretic is going to be possesed in a remote planet. He arrives as soon as possible and, as he cannot wait for the reenforcements he has requested (local Arbites and some Grey Knights), he recruits some civilians on the go (every Imperial citizen here has some kind of rudimentary weapon under the pillow).
Nurgcissus P. Stilens is a sorcerer of… well, you should guess that too. He is aware that there is going to be a ritual of the dogface god in his planet. He cannot allow that! Only Nurgle is worthy of that! He has to avoid the ritual, so he musters a few Plague Marines and asks for reenforcements, as there are a few Night Lords quite close which can be tempted by offering them slaves and stuff.

That’s it. We have an scenario:

My pal will be the Sorcerer, I will act the Inquisitor and Khornelius will move randomly on his own:

Let’s go! Both forces approach aech other. ¡Contact!

BTW, those civilians are not GW...

They are some Taliban by Empress I am using for a totally non-related WH40K project (more information here: http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/some-taliban-forces ;))

A few Arbites reenforcements! The Airbus, you know. Here I come acting silly with it on its flyer base "¡wooosh, voooom, zash, zash...!"

And just then… it just slips from the base and miserably crashes on the floor, breaking apart in a thousand pieces!  :'(

Soooo, I had to take the only adult, responsable choice: "¡Black Hawk down, Black Hawk down!". We put all the rests and pieces on the board (with my last pieces of self-esteem) and rolled dice for the Arbites. Some of them even survived.

Whoah! Let’s keep on going. Psychic powers and stuff:

Khornelius has one wound left...

Then I played the ‘Daemon Attack’ card in the psychic phase on the Nurgle Sorcerer. And I succeeded! As por Khornelius was about to get killed and a Daemon had to appear, we switched the story a Little bit. The Khorne Daemon Prince totally ignored his acolyte and incarnated in the rival Sorcerer’s flesh! Well, that was a little ankward and somekind humiliating for Nurgle, so that was Khorne’s intention!

Well, the the mess. More reenforcements during next turns. Plaguebearers, Beasts of Nurgle, Grey Knights, Night Lords…

Hmm, some quite tense situations:

People getting mowed down, people burning in flames over a few turns… Second Ed!

It finally was decided in an epic duel. The Inquisitor and the Demon Prince. It all comes around a final die roll…

Who won?

Both of us! We had an exhilarating experience and a great time, with these  silly absurd situatuions, bending the rules as you have seen to promote a nice storytelling.

The full AAR, with tons of pics and detailed comments is, as usual, here:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/playing-2nd-ed-hunt-for-red-host.html

Hope you enjoy our unorthodox way of gaming!

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
Re: Bringing back 40K 2nd ed again (AAR)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
Lovely battlereport!  lol