Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:41:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 129576 times)

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »
Your miniatures and terrain are incredible! It's becoming one hell of a project.
Thank you for sharing!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 07:06:56 AM »
Cheers guys!
The Orrus Spyrer is about halfway now. He will take a lot more time than the others, because painting black armour with strong highlights takes some time. And he has lots, lots, lots of detail. But a great model to paint.
And I have found 7 of my 'old' miniatures which are suitable for Cyberpunk and I will rebase these and maybe touch up the paint here and there. These should be quickies and I hope to finish them this week.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:10 AM »
Here's a WIP shot of my painting queue.

In the back on the left is the Orrus Spyrer. Not the most interesting WIP model, as he's almost monochrome now ;)
Next to him a Copplestone model I rebased to fit in with my Cyberpunk models. Then an Excalibur Joker, nice model to lead a gang of punks. Then another Excalibur Fearless model, this time a military type with a nice future AK weapon. And finally an Infinity model which will be the league's hacker.

In the front we have a converted Copplestone model with a big visor and a modded SMG/AR. Next a White Wolf Alternity cyber soldier in powered armour with two big nasty claws. A really cool sculpt. I only need to redo his metallics as my Cyberpunk models only have NMM. A bit of work but I think he will pop way more afterwards. And finally two more rebased Excalibur Fearless models. Really wrong ladies...but they fit in with that cool eighties Cyberpunk look.

So a lot going on at the same time, but most things shouldn't take long. For the Rebased models it involves painting the new base (done), changing the guns to black guns instead of metallic guns (done) and repainting metallics and touching up mistakes here and there.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:16 AM »
Cool  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
This is looking more and more good mate! :-*

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
great looking Project  :-*

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
Nice selection of scum-bags Malebolgia! :D

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

Really nice, vivid work.  Great miniature sourcing too, I love to see eclectic collections like this.

Keep it up :)

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »
Great looking paintjobs, are you using an airbrush? Undercoating? highlights? What is your technique?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 12:36:49 AM »
Those are ridiculously fun and well done. Great work.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 03:43:14 AM »
Love that motley bunch. Should mean some fun games coming up!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
Cheers lads!!!

Great looking paintjobs, are you using an airbrush? Undercoating? highlights? What is your technique?

Woah, some quick questions with some long answers incoming :P

1. Undercoat: I usually undercoat in either white (Citadel white spray) or grey (a cheap one). For the Infinity model I primer her with black and then with a zenithal highlight with white from above. This gives a top-down highlight effect and makes painting highlights easier. Really helpful with a detailed model like her.

2. Airbrush: normally I don't. Prepping and cleaning the airbrush takes a while and I don't like doing it just for miniatures. But on the Orrus Spyrer I did use the airbrush, because I thought it would speed up the painting of the airbrush. Yes and no...the airbrushing itself was quick, but I still have to do loads of work on the model. But for bigger miniatures (and especially organic ones) an airbrush works well. For things like big exo-suits it also works, but it usually takes masking to do it well.

3. Highlights & techniques: That's always a hard one to put into words. I usually start with my basecoat, the worst step in painting. I totally despise it, but it's maybe the most important step to get a good paintjob. Once I get a good opaque basecoat, I add the highlights. Why first the highlights? I can do quite sloppy and stark highlights and still get it right by applying shading afterwards. So first the highlights...often by adding a color like VMC Ivory or a lighter color of the same tint to the mix or sometimes pure white. It all depends on the final effect you want to have. I build up my highlights in layers by applying wet highlights on dry layers (so no wetblending). If I think it pops enough and there is enough contrast I go back to shading. Often I use the Citadel washes. Simply because their effect is great for the time invested. They yield great results and the effect is supermatt. Exactly what you want. Now the washes don't come in all colors, so I'm VERY happy with Citadel Lahmia Medium which allows you to make your own washes. Yeah! And sometimes I also use pure black for washes to get a deeper effect. I tend to apply the washes with more pigment to the shaded areas and the washes with less pigment also to the raised areas to smooth the highlights again.
I think that covers most of my techniques, but please ask if you want to know more.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:45 AM »
The paint jobs are wonderfully vibrant, and a great mix of figures. Very inspiring.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »
Interesting update: I am looking into obtaining several of the wheeled vehicles of Third Fate Creations (aka the best possible miniature airbrusher on the internet!), see them here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1628235004/sci-fi-traffic-hazards-28mm-vehicles-for-the-futur

The shipping will determine whether I will get some or not...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
 :o

Great selection of figures that already look the nuts.
 :-* :-*