Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Vietnam VPA infantry - ideas?  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Modern Vietnam VPA infantry - ideas?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »
I did suggest that Empress might look at Vietnamese as credible opponents for their PLA but the suggestion was pooh-poohed. Apparently armies that will, in all likelihood, never face off are preferable to those with an established history of conflict. Allegedly they won't sell and for all I know they are probably right.

I think I recall that on the KS comments page and I thought it was a good idea, not that that carries much weight! To flip things around, maybe Empress could do some VPA and also market them as Musorians! I'd like to see them do some Japanese too.

Seems like you could use NVA regulars from the Vietnam war as second line troopers/militia, only they are in some dark green colour as opposed to khaki. With growing relations with the U.S its likely they may end up with a lot of ex-U.S army kit from the 90s/00s.

That would be handy.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
I think you'll find they have enough captured, re-conditioned or even perhaps, reverse engineered, versions of US gear to keep them going for a while.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/adamantan/Vietnam%20People%20Army/vndf2.jpg

http://i28.servimg.com/u/f28/11/28/71/91/vietna17.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l19/adamantan/Vietnam%20People%20Army/vndefenceinfo.jpg
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »
If I remember correctly,  lots of those old M16s are just retooled from the ones captured after the fall of Saigon. Also I thought I read some place that they recently made a factory that makes M16 and even "Tavor" knock offs.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 12:18:29 AM »
Hey elk 101 I have to overwhelmingly endorse the musorians for use with empress over the last year and change I have been painting these guys up for exactly this a south East Asian country being over run by there big neighbor to the north they have lots of character and paint up very nice you can take a look at some painted examples in these pages under my musorians burning thread they are very very nice mix in some of eureka a Vietnamese NVA for flavor and some of there new ANP and you have a very healthy mix be careful though with the ANP as some have full beards  hope this helps just my 2 cents
D out

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 02:01:51 AM »
Dsmith can you post a link to your musorians burning thread?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 02:07:06 AM »
they all had AK variants when I was there.

They also have 4 hind gunships at Da Nang and some fighters too that I saw.

As for a possible opponent to the PLA i say hell yes.

they will have a shooting war over the south china sea soon.

The Chinese just can't bear to admit that the Vietnamese are the kings of soup. I see a soup nazi war in the offing where the PLAN make a grab for some birdshit covered speck of sand in the South China Sea and the Vietnamese respond by saying "No soup for you!"

:)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
Hey elk 101 I have to overwhelmingly endorse the musorians for use with empress over the last year and change I have been painting these guys up for exactly this a south East Asian country being over run by there big neighbor to the north they have lots of character and paint up very nice you can take a look at some painted examples in these pages under my musorians burning thread they are very very nice mix in some of eureka a Vietnamese NVA for flavor and some of there new ANP and you have a very healthy mix be careful though with the ANP as some have full beards  hope this helps just my 2 cents
D out

Thanks, I'll take a look.  :)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 08:53:14 AM »
As an addendum, does anyone know if the VPA maintain the same or similar section organisation as their Vietnam War counterparts? I've not yet found anything on this online.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
Not sure, but I suspect they maintain a 9 man, three x three man cell squad structure. That's what our pams suggested in the 'eighties and our notional enemy was still largely based on the Vietnam War experience just like our clothing, equipment, weapons and rations....  :(