Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:43:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Osprey: On the Seven Seas: Wargames Rules for the Age of Piracy and Adventure  (Read 21766 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
This slipped past the ole eyeglass!

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/blog/osprey_wargames_coming_in_2014/

Based on the good feedback from IHMN and Ronin this has me really happy to see. I have yet to find a good set of pirate rules that I really like so far and this is really catching my eye plus Osprey is really putting it to the industry showing a book does not have to cost $30 for a set of rules either....I see Amazon has it about $13 and some change...August is looking like a sweet month of piracy!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks for the news. I have long been looking for a god pirate ruleset that allows for quick but detailed combat resolution, ship-to-ship-maneuvres, boarding actions, and treasure hunting on land. So far, the Savage Worlds Pirates rulebook seemed like the best choice, but I will have a look at Osprey's take on the subject matter. If anyone has any experience with it, please post it :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
It is due out Aug of 2014, so we have a little wait. Based on IHMN and Ronin's responses by players if they keep the same mojo going then they will have a hit.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
It's by Chris Peers. His Death in the Dark Continent are a huge favourite at our club, and several of his others rules are very well received too.

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
Yes, I've been quite looking forward to seeing this one.  :)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline cianty

• Scientist
    • cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
Yes, I've been quite looking forward to seeing this one.  :)

Me too!

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
I have heard rumour about a "Nick-Starter" with all of their new looking pirate figs!
I'm in!
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I have heard rumour about a "Nick-Starter" with all of their new looking pirate figs!
I'm in!

The figs I have seen knocked my eye patch off!

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one! Been keen to do some pirate stuff for years - since about 2009 in fact!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I have two plastic storage boxes with pirates, mostly on bases and primered ready to paint, over a dozen cannons and some ships....just been needing some inspiration! This keeps sounding better and better.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
I'm really looking forward to this. I'm hoping they make Blackbeard figure as I'm not happy with any of the available options from other companies. If these samples are anything to go by he'd be brilliant. Even if they don't I'll no doubt get the whole lot. Pirates are my thing.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I too was waiting for a good pirate game...almost sold off some playmobil ships (did sell off a bunch of minis).  I may have to look into this.  Those figures look ace...most important to me would be a good line of miniatures to support it.  I dislike games where I have to go to a dozen different sources to gather up a reasonable table's worth of minis.

Give me a quality one-stop-shop with what I need.  I've long wanted to do a pirate board/table as well...hmm...

lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
I saw some of the 'greens' today. Mr Saleh has outdone himself, there are some fantastic pirates about to hit the tables! I thought I was okay for pirates, apparently I was wrong.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I saw some of the 'greens' today. Mr Saleh has outdone himself, there are some fantastic pirates about to hit the tables! I thought I was okay for pirates, apparently I was wrong.

Wonder how they will scale with other lines?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Wonder how they will scale with other lines?

Looked like they'd fit in fine with the Foundry ones, although I didn't have one with me to check sorry ;)
There was a figure that seemed big but that turned out to be the flouncy clothes and the feathers atop an impressive hat  ::)

I'm hoping they make Blackbeard figure as I'm not happy with any of the available options from other companies.

Can't promise, but I'm pretty sure one of them was Blackbeard. If it wasn't Blackbeard then it could certainly be used as him. Had a lovely pistol brace down his chest.