Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691264
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SuperSystem 4th Ed. Kickstarter Goes Live!  (Read 17354 times)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: SuperSystem 4th Ed. Kickstarter Goes Live!
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 09:13:30 PM »
I'm sure you are aware that you cannot pay by any method other than Amazon Payments during the Kickstarter proper.

Whether or not there will be any sort of after-campaign pledge manager has not been confirmed yet to my knowledge.  That is not an entirely simple issue and Scott may not have made any decision about it just yet.

So, I would remain patient for the time being.  If your question was missed earlier, it is certainly known now.  And I am willing to bet that you are not the only one who would like to know the answer.

~Eric
Is it new decision, that it works only with amazon payments or the decision of the kickstart-manager? I remeber my last Kickstarter worked with creditcard.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
Is it new decision, that it works only with amazon payments or the decision of the kickstart-manager? I remeber my last Kickstarter worked with creditcard.

You can use a credit card, but the payments will still be processed though Amazon Payments.  I don't know for sure if Kickstarters run out of countries other than the US (i.e. UK, Canada) use this system 100% of the time though.  I forgot about that. 

Out of curiosity, which KS did you back that you did not go through Amazon Payments?  It may very well have been one run out of the other countries, which could explain the confusion.

~Eric

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2014, 11:08:19 PM »
I apologize I did not respond sooner.  I received this communication, but did not follow up immediately as I was not sure how best to proceed. Then I got busy and it got lost in the shuffle. KS requires Amazon Payments.

If our KS succeeds, we can talk about other folks getting in on it with outside PayPal or other payment methods, but I am taking no outside pledges via any other mechanisms at this point.  

Let's fund first, Ok?  

Thanks!  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:14:07 PM by fourcolorfigs »
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2014, 11:57:21 PM »
I can only speak as a UK person but all of the recent KS projects i've backed have exclusively used Amazon payments. I assumed it was a Kickstarter thing.

Good to see the pledge totals creeping up. I'm increasingly comfidemt the 12 k funding total at least will be hit.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2014, 06:29:14 AM »
I apologize I did not respond sooner.  I received this communication, but did not follow up immediately as I was not sure how best to proceed. Then I got busy and it got lost in the shuffle. KS requires Amazon Payments.

If our KS succeeds, we can talk about other folks getting in on it with outside PayPal or other payment methods, but I am taking no outside pledges via any other mechanisms at this point.  

Let's fund first, Ok?  

Thanks!  
Thank you for your answer. I do not use amazon payment and know a lot of people, which do not use it. I hope the KS will raise it money without my pledge. Would be annoying, if the money is missing at the end.
KS is doing a stupidity, when they only use amazon payment. Wider spread methods are better for the pledgers.
Sorry, when my dissapointed answer here was to harsh. It was nothing personal.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
<snip>
KS is doing a stupidity, when they only use amazon payment. Wider spread methods are better for the pledgers.
<snip>

There seems to be a lot of that in large organizations, (usually management chains although I, from first hand observation,  tend to place senior union leaders in that category too,) which makes you scratch your head.  Other than the US Federal Government (especially the IC) it seems to be driven by (short term "right' in many cases) financial factors.  TINSTAFL and offering credit/debit cards, Paypal, Amazon, etc, involves finance resources being diverted from other parts of the company/organization.  Only NGOs are best known for making 'noble' decisions that totally ignore financial reality.  The fact that more options (in some cases) gives you more income long term is ignored/glossed over by some financial managers.  In their defense, it can be an option that may not bring in the returns to justify the expense.  Single payment options are often simpler to manage. 

The consumer always has the option to not use a form of payment.  I personally would like to avoid Credit Cards but have no problem with Debit cards/Paypal or other forms of payment that are limited by what funds you, (well, I,) actually have the resources  to use.  I still use Credit Cards but a good month is one in which another one can be "closed" (actually or virtually.)  I am not thrilled by the number of pieces of plastic I seem to have accumulated over my many years but some, (like my Federal government CC for TDY - which I don't do,) are mandated by agency/Company policy, sort of like my "accidentally destroyed" brown cover (not blue cover which might actually be useful) government issued Passport (I definitely don't do overseas TDY to garden spots like Iraq or Afghanistan.)  In summary, organizations make decisions using an "internal logic" that often runs the gamut between WTF to penny wise and pound foolish with rare bursts of true wisdom.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
Thank you for your answer. I do not use amazon payment and know a lot of people, which do not use it. I hope the KS will raise it money without my pledge. Would be annoying, if the money is missing at the end.
Sorry, when my dissapointed answer here was to harsh. It was nothing personal.

No worries!  Thanks for your interest!  Whether we fund or not, the book will be available in both PDF and print form in the next couple of months. I will keep folks apprised of the situation here and elsewhere.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »
No worries!  Thanks for your interest!  Whether we fund or not, the book will be available in both PDF and print form in the next couple of months. I will keep folks apprised of the situation here and elsewhere.
I Hope so, have to Order it After the ks., because I don't Support amazon-payments.

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
Don't ask me how, but somehow Amazon Payments works through my PayPal account.  o_o

As far as I can recall, I've never had an Amazon account, it just works that way somehow.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2014, 08:05:01 AM »
Hey scott, I was working on a super idea i cooked up and found that one part was rather hard to do. Basicaly a character who places bombs around the field and detonates them at a oportune moment. Is there a way to do this?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »
Don't ask me how, but somehow Amazon Payments works through my PayPal account.  o_o

As far as I can recall, I've never had an Amazon account, it just works that way somehow.
Interesting, I look up why it works in the net... Than I can pledge and support

Update: I tried it and there is no chance without amazon payment.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:35:27 PM by NurgleHH »

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
Amazon payments is a payment processing portal.  How you link your accounts to it determines where your money will be debited.

I have two forms of payment tied to my Amazon payments profile and can pick either one: Credit Card (for when I'm stupid) and Paypal via my Paypal linked debit card (essentially a credit card tied to my paypal account limited by my balance)

I believe the reason they use Amazon is because they are one of a few services that can process a deluge of payments at once without grief for the backer or the kickstarter when a kickstarter ends.  I also believe it's because you can schedule the payment for the end date of the kickstarter where other services may want to process it immediately.  I'm also sure there is a financial consideration as well in regards to fees
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:00:26 PM by BigB »

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
Hey scott, I was working on a super idea i cooked up and found that one part was rather hard to do. Basicaly a character who places bombs around the field and detonates them at a oportune moment. Is there a way to do this?

Perhaps using some conditional Power Modifiers?  Maybe using the Lingering Power Mod as well?  I'd have to look at it.  Interesting concept!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
Perhaps using some conditional Power Modifiers?  Maybe using the Lingering Power Mod as well?  I'd have to look at it.  Interesting concept!
I could totaly see it as a new power mod That allows you to "place" the power and then later activate then for aditional AP. It could get token heavy however.