Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Movie-Frankenstein' Army  (Read 6156 times)

Steve63

Movie-Frankenstein' Army
« on: April 14, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
Anybody seen Frankenstein's Army?  It's currently on Sky and it's the weirdest WWWII movie I've seen.
A low budget gore fest about a squad of Russian soldiers sent to capture the grandson of Barron Victor Frankenstein.
It was like watching a game of Incursion (without the chicks), I found one scene was a bit difficult to watch and overall I found it a bit below average.  It gets 49% on IDBM and 71% on DRT.
It might be worth watching for anyone interested in WWWII.
Cheers
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:08:38 PM by Steve63 »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Movie-Frankenstein' Army
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
It is a shame it is filmed from the "first person", makes it very jerky and difficult to really see what is going on (but that may be a good thing). There are a lot of instances where the camera is looking one way while the dialogue and character interaction/discovery goes on elsewhere out of vision.

Best off imagining a suitable storylinefor yourself and then looking at the stills/drawings and models on Google Image.
The imdb rating is probably over generous.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
Ridiculous...But fun.  Great monster-fest near the end.  An ideal Weird War campaign idea!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »
I must say I didn't like it. The only thing I really enjoyed was the fact that they relied on traditional special effects and not CGI. Oh, and the scene when they take the helmet off a wounded character - that was funny, although probably not deliberately.
Apart from that... I really wanted it to end as quickly as possible. I try to finish every movie I watch, in case there is something good in it, but in this case I was disappointed.

As for the monsters:
Years later, when planning one of his final zombots, he thought back to the terror he felt when staring into the eyes of a Hammerhead shark. An ambitious Mediterranean trader brought him a freshly-killed specimen, but little did the merchant realize the doctor had plans for the both of them. Hurriedly stitching their corpses together, the two became the fearsome, ferocious Hammerhead... half man, half shark, and all killer.
That's from the movie's official site - sounds more like comedy than horror.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:51:51 AM »
I forgave a lot once I saw the classic prosthetic stuff.  True, it would have been unbearable if it was CG.  I was sort of expecting Shark-nado....

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »
Utter crap, hilarious, liked it.

Have Outpost III to watch next.

;)

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »
Have Outpost III to watch next.
Don't! It's utterly boring, just one Russian guy fist-fighting zombies. And while it might sound like it's so bad that it's good, it isn't.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
See...this is one of those guilty pleasure movies for me. It's not high art by any stretch but the designs are fun & I am always a fan of practical FX. I'm very partial to the Mosquito-Man, I think it's a neat design and when I watch it I want to start kit-bashing.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
OUTPOST III! Cool hadn't noticed that - now I will have to look for it. I have an INEPTT scenario based on OUTPOST and OUTPOST II Blacksun.
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
Just watched it on the tellybox.

The monsters were interesting or sure. Got to love a Frankenazi.

MM.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
I loved it, but then again I saw it at the premier last year at the Film Festival of Rotterdam and I was sitting one row behind the cast and crew, so that might have added to the experience, but I thought it was very good in a low budget B-movie kind of way.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 08:19:02 PM »
 It is one of those movies which you just cant stop watching in the hope that it gets better.Some great idea's on the creations.Like the little walking computer type thing that follows the Doctor around near the end of the movie.

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »
It is one of those movies which you just cant stop watching in the hope that it gets better.Some great idea's on the creations.Like the little walking computer type thing that follows the Doctor around near the end of the movie.

The Frankenazis were rather good. The one with a drill for a face and praying-mantis sythes was quite chilling.

The only one that I really didn't like was the walking soup-pot thing...It was even silly-er than the thing with a propeller for a head...and that's not something I often!  lol

MM.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
Some of the Frankenazis were kind of reminiscent to some of the West Wind Incursion weird War stuff!

Offline Glenn

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:31 AM »
Some of the Frankenazis were kind of reminiscent to some of the West Wind Incursion weird War stuff!

cool  :)