Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690760
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Radiation Zombie Project  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
Radiation Zombie Project
« on: November 27, 2006, 04:19:05 AM »
Hello!  This is my first post here so I hope I make a good impression with this....

I'm working on constructing an underground complex where something has gone wrong.  Something about a radiation leak and some weird side effects on the staff....   :wink:

I am Canadian and am trying to keep it all based in-country.  I'm getting quite a sizeable force of RCMP vehicles (for the town above the base) and am trying to paint up some Canadian Forces soldiers.  So far I only have Soviet troops in NBC gear (Eureka) and some Emergency Reponse Team members (aka. SWAT).

Any tips, comments and queries are welcome!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wal88888/album/576460762348201223

Thanks for looking!

Wally

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:20 AM »
Hi Wally,

wellcome !
Nice pics and an interesting project. Please keep us informed !
What rules youre gonna play ?

A buddy of mine also had a Zombie Project. I try to find the pictures and let you know if you like to peek !

Björn
, ,

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:06:36 AM »
Very Nice Wally, could you also post it on this site please? plenty of Zombie fan here

http://eeriehorror1.10.forumer.com/

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi Wally,
looks like you've got some very nice stuff there! I like the idea of a "Theme" and keeping everything in Canada is an excellent idea.
I only know one manufacturer of modern Canadian armed forces ( I'm sure there's more) and that's by Devil Dog Design.
I haven't got any of there other minis so can't rate them but the ones I have seen painted up look pretty good.
Their Home page is:
http://www.devildogdesign.com/news.php
Unfortunately they haven't any pictures of the Canadian minis although the rest look pretty good!

A supplier which has some tiny pictures Devil Dog's Canadian minis is:
http://www.legends-in-time.com/Main.jsp?link=Modern%20Wars&secondLink=Devil%20Dog%20Design%2028mm&thirdLink=British%20and%20Canadian%20Forces&pg=2

Hope that's of Some Help and good luck with your project!
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
zombies!  luvely!  :love:

a nice collection you have there.  Must been quite an effort removing all those integral bases....

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:13:15 AM »
Pretty cool! I´m not too much into Zombies, unless they vie for world rule with an evil empire of Robots, but those look very nice, and the vehicles are even better! (Toy cars, I presume?)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
Welcome aboard, Wally  :)  

Very nice collection you have there. Also would like to know where your cars come

Offline Erwan

• Bookworm
    • http://terredeshommes.free.fr
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »
Good idea project. It seems like resident evil, isn't it?
I think just that your cars are too clean.

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:51 PM »
That sounds like a HUGE project!
I'm planning something similar, an overground/underground gaming table with a removable top.

Are the drums those from Old Crow models?

And one thing to your photos: Most of the time it somehow looks like the interesting parts are not in focus.
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 02:54:14 PM »
I thought those police cars looked familiar (I looked at the pictures before I read the post!). That is great that you are basing this in Canada! I look forward to seeing this come together! Are you going to base any of the above ground stuff on a real Canadian city?

Anyway, I am also in Canada! Looking forward to seeing this project come together!

n.

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »
@ Driscoles - I haven't decided on a rules system yet - any suggestions?
I'd like to see your buddy's pictures if you can find a link for it!

@ Pappa - I've checked out pictures of Canadian soldiers overseas and they look just like the US soldiers, so I'll probably just use TAG minis.  I may check out the Devil Dog ones just to see what they're like.  Thanks for the suggestion!  (I love your zombie minis by the way and they were part of the inspiration for this project, as well as Fatgoblin).

@ Fatgoblin - Love your site and your zombies!  Your battle report really inspired me, with all of the great pics.  Yes, it was a pain to remove all of the integral bases, but I think they look way better now.  I have to invest in a dremel soon.... :)

@ Chris and the Prof - The cars are a variety of 1:43 scale Hongwell, Welly, and Road Champs.  Some of them are blank cars with decals put on.  I found a local guy on eBay who does them.

@ WitchfinderGeneral - I've thought of doing a table with a removable top for the city above.  I don't know if I have that much room though.   :wink:
The drums are from JR Miniatures IIRC.  I'm still getting the hang of taking pictures.  I can't see if the good parts are in focus on such a little screen!

@  Neldoreth - I've thought of basing the above city on a real place, but I think I'd rather keep it fictional so I can model it whichever way I want.  I think that'd be the easiest way.  

I'll post updates when I have them!  Thanks for all of the feedback.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 05:07:39 PM »
so I'll probably just use TAG minis

Have a look at the Black Scorpion US troops , they are lovely

:roll:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Radiation Zombie Project
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 05:08:11 PM »