Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Camerone Day - fete de la Legion - Invitation to a Foreign Legion gallery  (Read 3732 times)

former user

"Le 30 avril, à 1 heure du matin, la 3e compagnie, forte de trois officiers et soixante deux hommes, se met en route. Elle avait parcouru environ vingt kilomètres, quand, à 7 heures du matin, elle s’arrête à Palo Verde pour faire le café. À ce moment, l’ennemi se dévoile et le combat s’engage aussitôt. Le capitaine Danjou fait former le carré et, tout en battant en retraite, repousse victorieusement plusieurs charges de cavalerie, en infligeant à l’ennemi des premières pertes sévères."
" Il était 10 heures. Jusqu’à 6 heures du soir, ces soixante hommes, qui n’avaient pas mangé ni bu depuis la veille, malgré l’extrême chaleur, la faim, la soif, résistent à 2 000 Mexicains : huit cents cavaliers, mille deux cents fantassins."

http://foreignlegion.info/battle-of-camerone/

former user

I am a day late, sorry.
So here's the idea:

with all those wargamers who have the hots for the infamous unit, let us celebrate this by posting pictures of our legion collections here, so that we can all exchange and discuss, reinfuse interest, catch up etc.
what do You think?

OK, I shall start

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:54:15 AM by bedwyr »

former user

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:14:18 AM by bedwyr »

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Mine are not as well painted but I will post this evening.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
Jumping into the future I bring you fire team belette part of the international task force in Ukuechana.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
who makes the legion guys on horseback?
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

former user

Welcome to the gathering everybody - I hope it will give us all a new spin   8)
btw, @Joroas, I think Your Legion looks great (where's the rest ;)?) and I am not ino competitions anyway)

the two mounted officers are a Renegade cavalry officer and a Artizan mounted Legion officer, both on Artizan horses
Any other cavalry I know have either havelocks, shakos or mellons (discount Askari)

@Gimzod I hope all the talented jumps into the past will join too  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:41:21 PM by bedwyr »

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:16:48 PM by joroas »

former user

oh WOW!  :o
did anyone say "a moi la Legion!" ?  :D

cooool...

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Thanks for that. Sorry, I got two kepis for Christmas and the HMG is the Hotchkiss from Gripping Beast's WWI range. I added some flock to give them a bit of colour......

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Apologies for joining in a little late but have been abroad.  Here is the start of my collection of classic FFL.

And another group in shirt sleeves.

Offline whisperin_al

• Bookworm
  • Gaming Geek
    • The Wargames Shed
Another one late to the party!  Here are a couple of pictures of my "Beau Geste" and Dahomey figures:

former user

YaY!!
the more the merrier

awesomesauce!!
THX for sharing guys

btw, I realised I should reduce my pictures, I had them large for scrutiny from the Workbench board

what size/resolution would you recommend?