Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689822
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WIP Perry 8th Army Plastics  (Read 2030 times)

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
WIP Perry 8th Army Plastics
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Hi all,

Well, not much time at all for the hobby these days due to a wide array of other commitments called life. However, I have managed to do some more work on my Perry 8th Army plastics. So far I have made some Sikh conversions; some Aussies with pants; and varied the look of the prone figs with some putty and such (changing leg positions and/or helmet types).

I could still use a few more of these prone figs (many thanks to SP and Capt Blood for sending me some spares...and Darrell for looking) so if you have some you don't want or want to trade please PM me.

I am slowing plowing my way through the figs and almost have my unit of Sikhs ready to go. Obviously the Aussies will take longer as making the pants takes time...shave off existing shorts, add putty for main pants with seam on each side...then add pockets to butt and side. Tedious but I think it looks right.

As you know, it all takes a lot of time and that is in serious short supply. Perhaps some of this will motivate you to do some conversion work of your own...there is a lot of people out there doing it so don't be afraid, pick up your sharp knife, putty, and clay shapers and get busy!  ;)

Thanks for looking...and please don't forget to PM me if you have some spare prone figs you are willing to spare!!!!!!!!  :D

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Re: WIP Perry 8th Army Plastics
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
These look good, lots of greenstuff work on the Aussies!  And I'm impressed you've drilled out the gun barrels. I'm not that keen but am working on a Sikh platoon plus casualties and vignettes.  Though not originally a massive plastic fan I am really appreciating the relative ease of conversion over metal!  Keep us posted.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »
They do look very cool. It reminds me of a handful of plastic Perry's 8th Army I've got waiting on my desk. A LRDG diorama was the original plan, but who knows if that will happen.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
Excellent work Arky, but will they ever see any paint?  ;)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
Excellent work Arky, but will they ever see any paint?  Wink

Your alive!!!!!!!!!! I thought I would see you at Salute mate...where were you?

As for painting, when I get them done I will float them across the Thames to you for your wonderful painting skills to do their magic! ;)

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
They are looking good Arkoudaki.

After a year of letting them 'mature' on their sprues, I am slowly building my Desert Rats. It is a shame that the Perrys did not put a mix of shorts and trouser wearing figures on the sprues as this more accurately reflects what was worn.

I probably won't be doing any sculpting on the figures myself, unless you count the scalpel work I will have to do to 'find' some of the water bottles!!

I agree with you about not enough prone figures and I think their are not enough crouching or stooping ones either.