Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Halo: A 28mm wargaming project: covenant troops cast finally.  (Read 104443 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: My Halo inspired Sci-fi
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
And here's a pic of another 'spartan', modified for inflight with the FW jumppack:

If you look at the in game jet pack loadout option, it's basically, as I said...spot on! :D

(This one's from my RvB project and is a bit of a teaser shot, more to follow on that other thread soon)....
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
Awesome.  I think if i stopped playing Reach constantly, I'd have time to work on my own projects...

Are you doing Noble 6 as the 'in game' version, or is that going to be your armor/colors?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »
Awesome.  I think if i stopped playing Reach constantly, I'd have time to work on my own projects...

Are you doing Noble 6 as the 'in game' version, or is that going to be your armor/colors?

See you on Reach then? ;)

The squad will be Noble 6 from the game. I have plenty of other troopers so also planning to do 'me' as it were, just need to sort out convincing helmet flames first!

:D

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »
They look awesome! Very very cool!
Got any ideas for the Covenant?

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »
Very nice I hope Noble 5 will look a head or so taller than the rest ;) afterall he is a Spartan II..
Also I am not sure how you have managed to drag your self away from the game, it madness I tell you!
:p

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:20 AM »
Very nice I hope Noble 5 will look a head or so taller than the rest ;) afterall he is a Spartan II..
Also I am not sure how you have managed to drag your self away from the game, it madness I tell you!

Noble 5 is very much both a WIP and in hand so watch this space.

;)

Offline Whiskyrat

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »
Great thread - always interested in how people game/plan to game Halo -  now go post some new content!  ;)

Got any ideas for the Covenant?

Not sure about the Commander but my original plan was to use:

Spriggan Miniatures Spugs, Alpha Forge Mephalians, Black Scorpion Aliens, Mongoose Skinnies, Rackham COGs and maybe the odd Khurasan Garn.

I got together about 120 Skinnies (half are now painted), 18 Spugs, a few Mephalians and a 2nd Rackham COGs Army Box.

Things were progressing slowly on the painting front (don't they always?) and then I fell on a great deal a few months ago and picked up over 200 Halo Covenant clickies.  :D

Bendy-plastic may not be to everyone's taste but after demoing/playing AT-43 for a few years, chasing down extra HorrorClix Aliens and having less time/inclination to paint than I had, I'm far less critical of pre-painted/ready to go stuff than Iwas.  ::)

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
I don't want to sound snobby, excellent models by the way, but the video on the first page as the live action, was actually the Halo Movie trailer, it was release onto the XBOX live market ages ago, then they dropped the film and it was replaced with Distract 9

Movie snob mode off

Excellent minis mate

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

Hmm...help me out with the fluff please!

So Noble 5 (is that Jorge) is a Spartan II, but all the rest are Spartan IIIs?

Egads, I've got all the novels/the halo encyclopedia, the reach game guide (just for the art section really) and I've missed this important detail.  Where did you learn this, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2010, 09:31:36 PM »
I don't want to sound snobby, excellent models by the way, but the video on the first page as the live action, was actually the Halo Movie trailer, it was release onto the XBOX live market ages ago, then they dropped the film and it was replaced with Distract 9

Movie snob mode off

Excellent minis mate

I know.... and it's District 9, actually fox dropped the halo project due to budget constraints, someone needs a good kicking as far as I'm concerned, Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp...yeah like that was gonna flop! ;)

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2010, 11:00:37 PM »
Yeh that would have been an epic film. Hopefully one day...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
Yeh that would have been an epic film. Hopefully one day...

Talk in Empire Magazine this month that Old Stephen Spieburg and dreamworks are sniffing around again on the project, looking to the expanded universe novels to avoid the legal minefield left by universal/fox's failed attempt.

Anyway back to the minis, a little more work done on Noble 3 and Noble 5. Pics when I get a chance.

The Commander

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »
I'm glad to hear that this project is still on-going.  I'm looking forward to more pix!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »
I'm glad to hear that this project is still on-going.  I'm looking forward to more pix!

No just very slowly indeed, unfortunately no time to really focus on it, but will update soon.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2010, 03:08:32 PM »
Talk in Empire Magazine this month that Old Stephen Spieburg and dreamworks are sniffing around again on the project, looking to the expanded universe novels to avoid the legal minefield left by universal/fox's failed attempt.

I've really enjoyed the novels myself.  Not high lit by any means, but very very enjoyable.