Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:05:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR - "Smash and Grab"  (Read 1778 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Pulp Alley AAR - "Smash and Grab"
« on: June 20, 2014, 02:09:33 AM »
All,
      So I set up sort of the Smash and Grab scenario from the basic rule book, this was a solo game.  The story was that my character Nathaniel Rye had received information concerning the whereabouts of the missing Prof. Fleming.  The board was set up with a Temple and Sacrificial Altar in the center, this contained the Major Plot Point, the Professor held by three cultists.  Minor Plot Points were two friendly natives, two hidden cultists, two un-friendly natives out hunting, and just for fun, a cache of rifles hidden nearby.
      I did a random die roll for the board edge for my group.  The roll put them on an edge near the friendly natives.  I had my Native sidekick approach the friendlies, brandishing his great war axe.  This imposing warrior managed to "convince" the friendlies to cooperate.  They pointed the way to the temple, and also informed the group of the hidden cultists and the un-friendlies.
      The opposition won the next initiative, and the two hidden cultists fired on the pair of Askaris with my group, dropping one, but revealing their location.  Nathaniel and his sidekick opened fire on the cultists, while the Prof.s' daughter and her fiancee approached the temple.
Both of my Askaris went down, but the accurate fire of my leader and sidekick dispatched the two cultists.
      As Miss Fleming and Fiancee approached the temple, two of the guarding cultists opened fire, barely missing the pair.  The Fiancee fired back, dropping one cultist, while the other moved to deal with Nathaniel and sidekick.  The last cultist was busy trying to get the professor up to the top of the altar.
      We made short work of the remaining cultists, and the Prof. and his daughter were happily reunited.  Before dying, one cultist was convinced to point the way to the cache of weapons.  Nathaniel and Wuzituyu moved to uncover and destroy the arms lest they fall into the wrong hands.
      The unfriendly natives were never encountered.  All in all a fun if very brief game.  I suspect that in a head to head action, there is a bit more suspense.  I wonder though, should I actually be moving purposely towards the minor plot points?

Nick

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

Re: Pulp Alley AAR - "Smash and Grab"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »
"Before dying, one cultist was convinced to point the way to the cache of weapons. "

Do tell how because if it has a sadistic content we have to give it a different category rating.  ;D

Ps. Tickling is classed as sadistic.  lol

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28:27 AM »
Prof.,
         Wuzituyu's Axe is very convincing. :)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
Sounds like you had a really good game.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »
Seem that I'm not the only italian playing Solo PA games ;)
Interesting report, no pictures however to enjoy  :'(

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
Matteo,
             Next time I will try and take photos and upload them to Flickr.

Nick

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »
Very cool, Nick! THANKS for sharing.

I think it is usually fine to move for the minor plot points directly, perhaps the characters notice some movement or sounds coming from that area or they are following a faint foot trail.

THANKS for sharing!