Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 12:08:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697100
  • Total Topics: 118808
  • Online Today: 405
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mechadrome News  (Read 6593 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Mechadrome News
« on: August 02, 2014, 03:42:22 AM »
Howdy folks!

Development is underway for Mechadrome and everything is actually proceeding ahead of schedule.

Team Bushido is all painted now, and here they are!

Click here for a larger photo

And here they are with a Space Marine thrown in for scale

You can see close up shots of each mech separately in the Pledge Manger online store here:
http://www.gangfightgames.com/mechadrome/

All products from the Kickstarter Campaign are available for anyone to pre-order in on our Pledge Manager store, until August 31. We're expecting to ship everything in November :)

Hopefully we'll get the Terran Titans mechs all finished in the next week or so!
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Mechadrome News
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »
They look great :D

You are a wotsit for posting the pix though... I just want mine all the more now  :'(

:D

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »
These are very awesome!

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
Hey folks

We just finished painting the Terran Titans. Here's the whole team :)

You can click here for a larger pic. And you can see closeups of each mech on our online store here:

http://www.gangfightgames.com/mechadrome/terran-titans/

These guys are all available for pre-order now, and the discounted Kickstarter prices will only last until the end of the month. So far we're still way ahead of schedule and we expect to start delivering orders in November, possibly October if things continue to go well :)

Only 1 more Mech to paint, Overkill the free agent. After that we can finally get the rulebook & cards finished :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 03:19:44 AM »
Happy to say I've finished painting all of the models for the initial release and now I can get the printed items done. I saved Overkill for last, here's his bio:

Overkill is a true veteran of the Arenas, and beyond. He still pilots the same Mech he served in back when he was a Squad Leader for the Terran Confederation, even keeping the same paint scheme and squad markings from his last campaign on the desert world of Alurzia. Now the former war hero fights for glory, and whatever team will pay him the most.

You can also check him out on the Online Store here.

Next up, the layout of the Pilot Cards changed a bit. I decided to remove the list of upgrades from the front of the card, and just list them with their rules on the back. I wanted to have enough room on the front for the vital info and a nice sized picture. So here is what the cards will look like now. I'm hoping to have them all done by next week.

That's all for now. Hoping to have the Pilot Cards all finished next week, and then the Arena Cards will come next.

More to come!

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:32:09 AM »
excellent PJ and a great Model  :-* Not overly fond of the small ones tbh they're too much Eggs with Legs for my Taste  :-X Definitely want some of the Big ones when they hit Retail  :P

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:34:47 PM »
Thanks :) I don't know when they'll be on store shelves exactly, probably not till early next year... depends how long it takes to get the boxes done. But once the Kickstarter orders go out you'll be able to order everything right off my site and I can ship them right out in a good ole fashioned ziplock bag :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
Mechadrome is shipping! I just received all of the bits for the models, here's a pic :)

What I will be doing is packing up each order in the order it was received in the pledge manager store. At first I was going to put together each and every mech, then do all of the shipping.. but there's a bunch that have custom mechs so I think it will be easier to just do each order 1 at a time and gather up all the bits at once. So I'll plan to send out 5 or 6 orders a day and a few more on weekends till we're all done. it'll take a couple of weeks to do them all, but we have to wait a couple of weeks for the books anyway... so this way I can get the ones without books all sent ahead of time.

If your order is marked Awaiting Shipment it means I packed it, but I'm waiting for the rulebooks. Awaiting Pickup means I packed it up but haven't dropped it off at the post office yet. Awaiting Fulfillment means I haven't packed it up yet. You should get an email confirmation when it ships.

So that being said, if you'd like to order any of these mechs at the discounted Kickstarter prices, you can get them at http://www.gangfightgames.com. The retail versions will be more expensive, likely $30-35 for a light mech and $40-45 for a medium mech. Right now they are still available at the Kickstarter prices of $20 for a light and $30 for a medium :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
All Kickstarter pledges have been shipped, and now the online store has been updated and all models are available now! We weren’t expecting to have them ready for general sale until January, but since the KS shipped early we can launch the store early too!

So, you can head over to http://www.mechadrome.com to check it out. Right now that will just forward you to the online store, eventually we’ll be building a full Mechadrome website with galleries and videos and downloads and more. That will probably take a month or 2 to finish up.

All orders over $100 get free US shipping, or for foreign orders over $100 you can save $10 on shipping with the coupon code “ROWSHIP"

There’s also a link there to download the game rules for free. The printed rulebook has a lot more content plus detailed background for the game universe and also each team and pilot. The PDF version is “just the rules”. We’ll also have the rulebook available print on demand through Wargame Vault shortly.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 05:54:26 PM »
All Kickstarter pledges have been shipped, and now the online store has been updated and all models are available now! We weren’t expecting to have them ready for general sale until January, but since the KS shipped early we can launch the store early too!
YOU DID WHAT? Early shipping kickstarter.  :o ;D lol
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »
Yes! Like dry land, early kickstarters are not a myth :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Hey folks. I hope this isn't Threadromancy, thought it would be better to have 1 ongoing post rather than make a new one?

It’s been a while. Backers have had their Mechs for about 6 months now and we are starting to plan out our next batch of models. All of the models from the first campaign are available in our online store at http://www.mechadrome.com. Next up, we are planning a small Kickstarter campaign for around August based on the Terran Heavy Mech.

He’ll be around 4-5 inches tall and most likely 100% resin and come with a variety of weapons to make your own payloads or 2 special pilots. Terran Titans will get Behemoth, he’ll be armed with a Railgun, Crushefist, 2 Chaingun turrets and 1 Missile Pod. Team Bushido will get Kaiju, he’ll have 1 Plasmagun, 1 Wrecking Ball, 2 Blaster Turrets and 1 Chaingun turret. So a total of 4 arm weapons and 6 turrets. We’re going to start sculpting it in May, but I wanted to get a few resin masters to paint up before the campaign so that’s why it won’t be happening till August.

If we get the heavy mech funded we’ll be introducing a new unit type for stretch goals, tentatively called Rookies. They will be men in extra-heavy battlesuits, the models will be comparible in size to a GW Terminator, but with big 2-handed heavy weapons that are basically a modified mech arm turned into a rifle. We’ll have different versions for each ranged weapon in the game. Here’s some concept art:

If the campaign happens to do really well we’ll also add in the mechs for other races too, but the only things we’ll sculpt ahead of time will be the Heavy and Rookies, other races would end up shipping as a “Wave 2” kind of thing. Our goal is to expand the range in a few short, small & focused campaigns rather than promising everything we can and falling short. I want to able to ship earlier than planned again :) So the simpler the campaign will be, the better.

So that’s all for now. I’ll be showing off screenshots of the sculpts as we get them :)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
Good looking concept art there.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »
Very cool.  If I'm honest the Mechadrome mechs don't appeal to me - but the concept art for the trooper there is pretty cool.  My distant goal of a sci-fi skirmish game might need to acquire one (or two...or three).
2024 Painted Miniatures: 244
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 01:47:45 PM »
I like the heavy Mech but think the lower legs need to be a bit less angular and more 'rounded' to fit in with the medium/light mech design ethos.

The design for the rookie looks nice and suits the general aesthetics of the other terran mechs.

The only fly in the ointment for me would be price for the heavy mech... but I guess we'll have to wait and see about that one :)