Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 761
Total: 764

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Chaos in Cochise County: A Weird Western  (Read 8889 times)

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
Re: [Kickstarter] Chaos in Cochise County: A Weird Western
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
Yep. I goofed on the shipping cost for the book alone and by the time I noticed the error, the KS was live. I will be charging less for shipping the books when I send them in the future. Check back when the KS ends and I'll let you know what it'll cost. It certainly won't be $50!
"Fasten your seat belt. I wanna try something..."

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:38 AM »
Soooo...Cancelled.  No update or anything to go with that.

Mind giving us an idea what is going to happen now, BM?

~Erc

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
If you were a backer, you got a notification email. The gentleman says that the project will be pursued, but he is unsure about whether it will be conventional or kickstarter.

I think experience is probably a good initiation. There's no question that the goal was too high for the product. Honestly I think 5000 would have been a reasonable goal maybe with the hope of achieving 5-10K ultimately.

Few updates, no preview of the rules, very little background on the actual figures and their role in the game, the shipping cost goof all definitely kept this from getting anywhere near the goal. The good news is that there was over 5K without even really trying. This means that he could probably get 5K again and, as I said, maybe a few thousand higher with more effort.

In any case, I really like the figures, so I hope that we see them in production sometime soon.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:36 PM »
There were definitely a lot of good sculpts there which no doubt will be snapped up if available commercially as singles or packs.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 12:25:49 AM »
Yeah, I saw the update when I logged in via PC. Didn't show on mobile for some reason.

If it were me I would restart, have the rules and one set of models as the initial $5K-ish goal. Then use the rest as stretch goals.

Relaunch or not, I am looking forward to getting my hands on the rules.

~Eric

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
The figures are superb. It would be a shame if they were not released. Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of that rules set.
A.Nik-

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
The silence is deafening...

With Shadows of Brimstone about to start shipping, now would be a great time to get the rules at least out and available.

~Eric

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Okie dokie, here I am, back again! Going to re-launch soon-ish. I know that's kind of a lame answer but as noted above, the initial attempt was, er, clumsy, at best.

That said, the re-launch will feature  better balanced pledge levels and revised shipping, including a separate scale for our Canadian cousins and way more effort put into promotion than previous. Showed the minis around Fall In this past weekend and got a lot of positive response so that got me excited all over again.

Also, I decided to forge ahead on the next supplement, Undeadwood, as well. I'll include it as a stretch goal and there will be more info and some concept sketches for that very soon.

Okay! I gotta get back to work! Thanks for the interest and I'll let you know when your patience will be rewarded.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
Cool! Glad to hear you didn't give up.

~Eric

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 03:14:01 PM »
Great! I'm in again when you go live. I would set the minimum bar lower for the funding level this time, but aim high for the overall total  ;)

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »
Thanks all. Sorry for the rather lackadaisical reply but I wanted to make sure I had something to say before I posted.

I'm currently shooting a play example video, getting all of the minis painted up (and even some of the Stretch minis as well!) and I'm refurbishing my old west town prior to running a lot of demo games I'm going to host thru next year so I'll keep folks posted.

The game and minis, while somewhat esoteric, seem to be popular so I don't see any reason not to continue on. I just went about it the wrong way the first time around. I tend to learn better by doing something wrong the first time. Needless to say, bomb disposal technician would probably not be a good career choice for me!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:02:41 AM by BunkerMonkey »

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
Those are all good ideas. Also, the basic figures in the range are strong, but the stretch goal minis are somewhat pale by comparison. You might consider cherry picking the best designs and ditching some of the others in favor of game assets like cards or some such?

I understand concept art is just a concept, but, frankly, some of it was a bit crude and uninspiring. Maybe show more greens and fewer concepts until you run out of greens?  And you don't need 30K in stretch goals, including vanity figures (I'm assuming the "Caine" figure is you?), when you are so far below that total. Only reveal a few stretches at a time and stick to things that we need to play. I also mentioned in a prior post that I think you are better off focusing on the occult rather than steampunk as Wild West Exodus has that market cornered.

One other small comment is that too may of the figs have one arm stuck straight up in the air like a flagpole. It's cool on one or two figs, but more than that seems unnatural and odd to me personally.

You also might just consider doing this via Indigogo as a pre-order rather than a KS at all.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I would like to see the KS succeed this time as I pledged last time.

Ax

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »
Sorry for the long delay but I finally have good news! First, I wanted to introduce one of the Stretch Goals for the Chaos in Cochise County Kickstarter re-launch. Here's the Earps and Doc Holliday:

After leaving Tombstone in the wake of the Cowboy's revenge shootings, the Earps managed to acquire some unique weapons thanks to Wyatt and Virgil's allys in the US Marshals Special Branch. In the meantime, Doc has cut a shady deal with a demon to learn Eldritch sorcery.

And the re-launch is being tweaked and firmed up. I should have a date very soon. In the meantime, I've got all the new sculpts and molds completed so there's not much left to do. I'll keep ya'll posted.