Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690622
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: .45 Adventure report: Betsy Brown and the Mystery of Java (Chapter 1)  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Finally I managed to come to grips with my camera and hopefully I will be able to insert some fotos in this little story. I played this adventure a few times by now. This is what happened yesterday, when a friend of mine showed up.

In the year 1934 Betsy Brown is a ace reporter of the Daily Enquirer and had been working on a story of scientist disappearances. One evening she met Rupert Carson, a secretary of Dr. Fielding (a known expert on mechanics and electrical engineering), who was worried about his boss. As it turned out Dr. Fielding was to meet a rather shady client at Henry Mallone's Dump in a rougher part of town a few days ago. He had been missing ever since...

Rather than alert the police (said to be corrupt anyway) Betsy hestiantly contacted her ex-lover Joe (a war veteran of some undetermined war somewhere far away...) to try and find out what had happened.

Though the photos don't show it it was actually a dark and foggy night with very limited visiblilty when the trio arrived at the dump.

Carefully they krept into the yard (well, Joe wasn't too careful as he believed in the protection from his two guns...).

Unfortunately one of the toughs Mallone had hanging around his place stumbled across the heros and rather than being clubbed with a baseball bat Joe proceeded to gun him down.

With the first shots fired Joe through caution to the wind. The two fellows with the name Hnas and Franz who not only spoke with a rather teutonic dialect but happened to use German submashine guns might have developed into a threat but Joe and Betsy (who either dropped her gun anytime she fired it or killed with the first shot) were able to kill both of them with headshots (as can be seen on this picture).

Finally our brave heroes confronted Mallone himself who was desperately trying to burn some messages. After a short but bloody firefight Mellone fell out of the window disappearing into the foggy night...

From the clues left behind Betsy and Carson were able to figure out that Mallone had been working for a secret Nazi mission in order to abduct scientists to be brought to a highly secret base on the isle of Java...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:43:43 AM by Doomhippie »
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Re: .45 Adventure report: Betsy Brown and the Mystery of Java (Chapter 1)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:18:33 AM »
 :) Nice stuff!
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:42:53 AM »
Excellent! Sounds like the heroes got the drop on the gangsters.

We're pushing rulebooks and figures here at GenCon and growing the game even larger! Reports like this one make it all worthwhile.

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »
Cool game Doomhippie !
, ,

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
awsome.