Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: .45 Adventure Report: Betsy Brown and the secret of Java (Chapters 2 and 3)  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
After finding the clues leading to the secret Nazi camp on Java, our heroes of course decided to free the Professor and to find out what this secret base is all about.

Luckiliy Joe's old war buddy Steve now prowls the island as well in search of tigers and other big game (he is, after all, a big game hunter...), and he is more than willing to help "Joe an' 'is li'lle miss" with a real hunt.

Betsy starts to remember why she had fallen for Joe in the first place so many years ago (couldn't possibly be more than 3 or four - how old do you think she is???), not that she would ever tell them, mind you.

Anyway, there they were, in the middle of the djungel (Betsy of course now in her tropical outfit - she's a tough little lady after all), when all the sudden the buildings of the secret Nazi camp appeared out of the darkness...

Now with almost half a dozen tough soldier guards on the perimeter our heroes picked the sensible approach of sneaking around the camp itself trying to sneak a look into the various buildings or trying to eavesdrop on the guards in order to find out where Prof. Fielding was being kept.

Due to Betsy's skills in observation they were able to circle around venemous snakes, dry sticks that would snap lodly once you step on them and other potential disasterous encounters.

Finally they discovered the Professor in one of the huts without actually having to kill one guard. Rupert Carson helped his boss through a window and Betsy took his hand in order to lead him to safety.

However, just than one of the guards decided to have to step out and found himslef face to face with our heroes and the Professor. His shout of alarm and the fire from his gun ended quickly as Joe jumped in front of Betsy to protect her while firing both his guns killing the unfortunate guard on the spot.

Before the other guards could react the friends escaped into the nighttime djungel where due to Steve's hunter abilities they were able to lose their pursuiers almost immediately.

However, Prof. Fielding has some dire news. He was forced to help the evil Dr. Totschläger with the construction of a massive war robot prototype called AH1933. He knows that the robot has not been tested yet and urges Betsy, Joe and Steve to help destroy this abomination and the blueprints of it. Of course getting rid of Totschäger in the process would be a nice bonus.

So at daybreak the friends arrive at the clearing where the final test is about to begin. Just than a jeep pulls up with the commander of the secret camp, Hauptsturmfuehrer Brandner and Mellone (who decided to leave New York after his involvement with the Germans had come out) jump out, telling Dr. Totschläger about the raid on the camp.

As Dr. Totschläger fired up the generators (which my friend called pollution generators - a suitable invention for Nazis), the friends open fire to prevent the robot from being activated - but it was too late. With an evil laughter Totschläger commanded the iron behemoth to "kill the meddling fools" before being hit by the heavy hunting rifle of Steve.

Dutifully the robot started walking towards our hard pressed heroes whose shots didn't even put a dent into the lumbering hulk. However more and more the fighting turned towards the the guards as Dr. Fielding promised he would be able to deactivate the robot once it was close enough. So one by one the villains where gunned down. Dr. Totschläger was hit yet again, just as he was trying to get away with the jeep (as he had already started the car he slowly rolled from the board - did he survive? You bet!). In the background you see Mallone trying to escape when he realized he was the last man standing ("Why should an honest New York crook keep fighting when the Nazis run?"). Unfortuantely he was hit in the back by a vengeful Betsy after he had wounded Joe in the leg. Having outlived his usefulness for this story he dropped into a pond and that was all she wrote...

At last Prof. Fielding tried to disable the robot but Totschlägers programming was rather hard to overwrite and the robot kept flailing away at the professor. Despite being injured the stalwart scientist finally managed to shut down the machine and with the guards having been killed or fled the heroes where able to destroy the generators and blueprints.

Oh, of course Betsy had to go and hold Joe's hand when Carson bandaged his wounds. And, well, I leave the rest for you to imagine.  :-*

Okay, that's my little story. Will Betsy be back? Hopefully I'll manage to come up with the scenarios for "Betsy Brown and the golden Dragon" soon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:22:58 AM by Doomhippie »
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
wow nice pics very awsome story I was glued to the screen.Cant wait for the next one.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Very kewl!

Love the pics and story.  Also some really nice terrain ya got there!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks a lot. Well, the terrain is mostly a cheap copy of what I have been seeing here. This forum has given me more input in one half a year than I had for the last eight or ten years.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
very nice !
I wich to see more .

cheers Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
Great game write up and I realy like the scenarios they have a real cliffhanger serial feel to them, look forward to reading more!

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Very Fun Stuff :D :D  Especially interesting to me as I'm doing a game a few islands over in Borneo and the Celebes. Who make the Chinese looking building that you had in the clearing with the robot?  Keep it up I lok forward to your next adventures
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Love the pics & story, where did the Ganesh statue come from?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
Nice stuff.  I'm especially interested in the Russian jeep though; where's it from?

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
looks like it was a great game  :-*

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
where did the Ganesh statue come from?

Looks a lot like a Ziterdes (foam) piece.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
where did the Ganesh statue come from?

Looks a lot like a Ziterdes (foam) piece.

Yes, correct. I eeded something to show the story took place in Asia.

As to the Russian jeep, I'm afraid I threw away the box a long time ago. I'll try to find out more.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Nice looking game and great story :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing