Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
  • Wargamer - Roleplayer - Miniature painter
Re: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »
The World of Thalia - The Epiphany

"My name is Sylvie Harmond and I'm part of a group of Eco Warriors who are allied with the Ganshurinni to stop the destruction of Thalia." So the beasts weren't beasts but sapient creatures. Somehow I had already figured that out. "For some reason they don't want you dead, even after telling them that you've killed some of their companions at the investigation center." I nodded. That's why I was still alive. "So now what?" She smiled. "Now you come with us."

We start moving. I was surrounded by the Ganshurinni. They paid me no attention. Sylvie went mute. I don't know if she was reading my mind or not. I wished I had my crew with me. Who were these Eco Warriors. Would they help me? Why didn't the Ganshurinni killed me back at the research station. So many question unanswered. I was hungry and I knew she was probing my thought when she offered me food.

Then suddenly, as I was chewing the strange morsel of food that she gave me I had an epiphany. These Ganshurinni were completely identical. They were artificial Intelligence. They were amazing biological AI's. A full circle. Sylvie laughed. "You are a bright one, you are. Or maybe consorting with an AI gave you a special insight." I raised a little my machine pistol. "You probe my thoughts again and I'll kill you." We made the rest of the trip in silence.

"Are these Ganshurinni an hive creature or are the individuals?" "Can't you see?" "No. I can't see individuality in them, but I see that they aren't just drones." "No. They aren't. They're individuals, but not in the way we perceive it." "So in what way?" "They have personal thoughts, but communal wishes..." - Dialogue between Captain Kinnison, Soldier of Fortune and Sylvie Harmond, Eco Warrior of Thalia
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:12:40 PM by Bayushiseni »
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71857.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71237.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71765.0

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
  • Wargamer - Roleplayer - Miniature painter
Re: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »
I've just corrected the dead image links. I don't know why it happened... Soon more of Thalia.