Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Second Golden Tom Awards on T.B.M.F.: The WINNERS ARE IN!  (Read 2677 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
The Second Golden Tom Awards on T.B.M.F.: The WINNERS ARE IN!
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
After a delay of six years-but-who-is-counting, the Second Golden Tom Awards painting contest is about to take place:

GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Tom's Boring Painting Competition 2014

Submission deadline
20th December 2014

Did someone say “Golden Tom”? YES! It is finally here again by popular demand! After 6 years, TBMF is (finally!) back with hosting the second Golden Tom Painting Competition!
And this time, we beefed it up with an amazing, REAL, PHYSICAL, 300g BRONZE CAST, MAHAGONY BASED trophy!

THIS is YOUR chance to compete once more in the only Mordheim themed painting competition in the world and take the amazing Golden Tom statue home (well… technically you are not taking it anywhere, we will send it to you by post)
So wet your paintbrush, get the sculpting putty out, shake the paint pots and DAZZLE us, because who knows when you will get that chance again… maybe in 6 years?

Read the details below!

What to submit

A single miniature that fits the setting of the Mordheim universe. See rules for details.

How to submit

Please send your submissions to tomspaintingservice@gmail.com
1. Please enter a subject to your email as follows: TBMC FirstName LastName
2. Please include a very short description of what your model represents.

Prizes

The painters of the three best miniatures will each receive

1. the physical Golden Tom trophy marked 1st, 2nd and 3rd place sent to them by mail
2. hand signed certificates sent to them by mail
3. Golden, Silver and Bronze Tom profile icons on TBMF displayed in the profiles under "Achievements earned"

Rules

• One single model entry per contestant

• Size restrictions: anything up to (including) a model on a Ogre-sized base is allowed. This includes cavalry (which counts as a single model)

• The miniature must be painted specifically for this contest (if the jury finds out the miniature has previously been posted somewhere online, competitively or not competitively, the entry will be disqualified)

• There are no limitations on the miniature manufacturers! You can pick any miniature you want.

• Conversions are encouraged

• Entries will be judged mainly on artistic skill, how well the capture the mood, how “cool” they are generally and how convincingly they integrate themselves into the Mordheim, official Mordheim Supplements and unofficial Border Town Burning settings. Convincing, beautifully executed, creative, humorous submissions are what we look for and what will give you the best chance of winning.

• Submit a minimum  of 4, maximum of 10 pictures of your miniature (aim for great photo quality, this will improve your chances of success). Blurry pics cannot reasonably be judged.

• Editing of the pictures with photo software is NOT allowed (exception: general brightness changes of the whole picture). I doubt that anyone would be dishonest enough to try this, but let it be said nonetheless: should I (or the other judges) so much as suspect the use of photoshop software, we will disqualify the entry.

• Submissions will not be made public until the winners are announced. At which point the winning submissions and honorable mentions will be posted on TBMF.

• You need to be registered on this forum to take part in the competition. Making an account takes less than a minute.

• By submitting your entry you declare that all work on the model submitted was done by yourself and yourself alone.

Acknowledgements  
I want to personally thank Ben a.k.a “floedebolle” for his unbelievable effort to design, sculpt, and produce the official Golden Tom trophy statue from base to tip. Without him this would not have been possible. Also I want to thank the moderators of TBMF for contributing to the design of the trophy and for their time and effort in planning this competition, chief amongst them, the irreplaceable Al a.k.a “DeafNala”.

TO YOUR PAINTBRUSHES, GOOD LUCK and LET’S GET STARTED!

We are very excited to see your submissions!

Admin Tom

You can join the forum for as long or as short a time as you'd like. AND here's a link:

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:02:10 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Second Golden Tom Awards on T.B.M.F.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »
GOLDEN TOM 2014 – RESULTS

Dear TBMF members! We are honored and thrilled to announce the winners of the GOLDEN TOM 2014 painting competition.

Determining a winner has been a very difficult process and I for one wished we had more than 3 trophies. It is after nerve wrecking deliberation and a few ballot changes that the jury has determined the three winners.

Each of them will receive:

1) sent by post the brand new and exclusive GT2014 TROPHY (see here) cast in bronze by our very own floedebolle. Please contact Admin Tom (me) with your shipping address (and please be patient as we get your trophies ready for shipping).

2) A winner icon to proudly display in their profile on TBMF (along with boasting rights)

I want to thank EVERYONE who has participated in GT2014. Saying it was pleasure to marvel at your works would be an understatement. In particular I want to acknowledge those who have entered knowing that the competition would be tough and still gave their very best.

So, without much further ado, congratulation to the WINNERS and the works that have earned HONORABLE MENTIONS (i.e. have been voted for by some of the judges to be among the winners but have missed the number of points required for the podium by only a sliver).

THANK YOU!

1st Place (Gold) -  Countess Gabriella by overburn

2nd Place (Silver) – Rat ogre by midrego

3rd Place (Bronze) – “The Knave” Carnival of Chaos Tainted One by NoisyAssassin

Honorable mentions (you guys were amazing)

Morgoth (nominations: 2 Silver)

Katsuhiko JiNNai (nominations: 1 Silver, 1 Bronze)

Skavenblight (nominations: 1 Silver, 1 Bronze)

WarbossKurgan (nominations: 1 Gold)

Grimscull (nominations: 1 Bronze)

Special mention

Countessa Philomena (nominated for best accompanying concept art & for being by far the youngest and thus bravest contestant! ...and because, as the creator of http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/50/97/81/pink_o10.jpg, I cannot ignore a pink entry)