Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: TBC's BA and CoC Project in 28mm: My First Tank  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
TBC's BA and CoC Project in 28mm: My First Tank
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:22:54 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thought some armor was a good way to start this thread.  40+ years old, it's the first tank I've ever built and painted....

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Re: TBC's BA and CoC Project in 28mm: My First Tank
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 09:16:36 AM »
That's a really nice finish you have achieved.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:39:12 AM »

Thanks Mate!

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 10:03:08 AM »

I agree. My only point of criticism, if you want to call it that, is that there's too much rust and too little mud/dust present. But I can assure you that my first tank didn't look half as good. Heck, my most recent one doesn't even look as good. (working with pigments that blew up in my face. Well, on the front of my Staghound, due to bad varnishing.)
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
I agree. My only point of criticism, if you want to call it that, is that there's too much rust and too little mud/dust present. But I can assure you that my first tank didn't look half as good. Heck, my most recent one doesn't even look as good. (working with pigments that blew up in my face. Well, on the front of my Staghound, due to bad varnishing.)

Thanks for the feedback!  I suspected I got a bit carried away as well.  The excessive rust is a by-product of excessive chipping.  I did all this chipping on the edges and then when I rusted half of them, and half not, it looked strange.  So I decided to rust 90% of them and the rest were meant to be 'new'.  I think though for the next I'll dial it back a bit :D

Offline olyreed

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »
Very nice indeed

Offline Gothic Line

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »

COOL!!!!!

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  I suspected I got a bit carried away as well.  The excessive rust is a by-product of excessive chipping.  I did all this chipping on the edges and then when I rusted half of them, and half not, it looked strange.  So I decided to rust 90% of them and the rest were meant to be 'new'.  I think though for the next I'll dial it back a bit :D

I completely know what you mean. I myself am still learning the "less is more" credo ;-)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
Nice t34! I like the rust. Perhaps just hit it with some extra mud/dust depending on your campaign location. But I really like it TBC!!!  8)

Cheers
Matt

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 07:40:16 PM »

Would have been my comment as well, although the tank is very well made and painted.

Most tanks "lived" less than 2 years and many less than 1 year. They were painted with a tough, thick, hard-wearing gloss coat. My current car is 5 years old and has no rust. Granted I don't drive it over rocks and through bushes. OTOH it isn't painted with military quality protective paint either.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »
Nice t34! I like the rust. Perhaps just hit it with some extra mud/dust depending on your campaign location. But I really like it TBC!!!  8)

Cheers
Matt
Would have been my comment as well, although the tank is very well made and painted.

Most tanks "lived" less than 2 years and many less than 1 year. They were painted with a tough, thick, hard-wearing gloss coat. My current car is 5 years old and has no rust. Granted I don't drive it over rocks and through bushes. OTOH it isn't painted with military quality protective paint either.

Cheers guys!  I've only hit it with 2 shades of mud, so I can still go up one more shade and use it to touch up those rusty spots. :D  Luckily  I have an IS2 and 2 more t34's to go so there is room to learn!

Thanks for all the great feedback Mates!