Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BFaS at school  (Read 1669 times)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
BFaS at school
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:35:01 PM »
We are planning to start on BFaS at school after half-term.

If anyone has any useful suggestions on forces for 12 new players - which lists work best for new players, what FSP should they go for etc - I would be interested to hear.

I doubt that we'll have enough figures before Christmas, but we'll start out with some proxies (I have a medieval Mongol army that can be pressed into service as temporary Tartars)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Julfdi

• Bookworm
Re: BFaS at school
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
The best list is the one You have most fun with. :-)

Both Poles and Swedes do have some nice special rules making them quite strike capable.
Swedes lack light cavalry but have loads of different firepower.
Poles have nimble shock cavalry that can put a lot of hurt out, but may not handle own casualties at all well.
I have played these at points between 9-12 FP - preferring the larger strenghts.

Muscovy - dirt cheap, can be fierce in defence.
 Courland (And Prussia) - have seemed like small defensive armies on skirmish levels.

Rest - I have no playing experience so this is just analysis from trying to decide what to play
Denmark - like Swedes, but less capable. 
Cossacks - hordes of infantry and wagons.
Ottomans - I let You know when I get the skirmish force ready. Seem to be a bit like Poles, but not quite as capable, cheaper and more numerous and not quite as agile. And larger forces - like with Muscovy- get bonus for being larger
Imperials - a bit like Swedes. More cavalry oriented. Better equipment, less discipline.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »
Thank you.

We'll see what happens in the next half-term.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »
How many order tokens are we likely to need for 12 players at kirmish level?

Offline Julfdi

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
Pretty hard to say.
If You are all playing simultaneously You would need slightly less than one order token each per unit deployed.
(At least Movement, Charge and Defend You might get by by slightly less as well as Flee.)
So it boils down how many units or squadrons You have on the table. Maxed out Polish and Swedish skirmish list would have 10 separate banners/units - when playing I usually pair at least some of them into squadrons.
With several players You would usually probably get along with a bit less, but that is just my guess.