Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690460
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Musings from the Deadzones  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
Musings from the Deadzones
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:33 AM »
Hello everyone!  :)
First ever thread, so kinda ignorant of what is and isn't possible to be posted here - but I am going to post my Apocalyptic/Post-apocalyptic things in this thread.
Basically things I finished - miniatures and terrain and other bits. Hope that is acceptable.
I considered my painting to be average at best, so any criticism and advices is perfectly welcomed! =3

(Just realized the some bad paintjobs on the two adult models [The first two were at least a year older, and the kid much more recent] - when it shown a uncomfortably huge picture with VERY glaring shoddy work.)
So without further ado, I welcomed my first band of wastelanders.
From left to right - The Gentleman Survivor, His Lady Friend, and Rosie the Lil' Tinkerer.(em4, Black Cat base and Hasslefree respectively)
And the backstories for the characters:- (I tend to divert them from universe to universe)
 Gentleman, as he is known to everyone he meets, is a genteel man that is brutally honest and compassionate - which is rare in the deadzones. Polite to the point of irritation and annoyance to his companions at times - he is the face of the band. But don't let that soft-spoken appearance fooled you, he is experienced killer.
 Lady, is raging psychopath that hides under a veneer of modesty and frailty that wouldn't hesitate at times to put slugs in your back when yer not looking.
 The final member is the young Rosie, whose geniuses in the matters of mechanical wizardy, is the latest addition to the band. Rescued from a band of slavers, that might have made her mute, or she just doesn't speak that much.

EDIT:Mispressed the post button, so might be a lil' bit incompleted. My bad... X3
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:57:14 AM by Silverarm »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Re: Musings from the Deadzones
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
No photos  :'(
Can't access those links via standard browser either(dropbox says I don't belong there)
Better upload your photos to some external site like photobucket or imgur and link to those or use the gallery on this forum. (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=5617.0 for more on that topic)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
Oh, didn't realised that! Thank you for telling me,@..@
Changed it to the gallery, hope it works now, and you can see my averageness in all their glories.X3

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 09:44:13 AM »
Welcome wastelander! Cracking miniatures to start with to boot.
The grime looks good 8)
I'd suggest that with a lighter highlight layer in raised areas, and a little basing (pva painted on/sand/followed by paint) will be surprised how they look!

Your understanding is very acceptable of the rules Silver.

Cheers
Matt

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »
Your model selection is outstanding you,ve come up with a wonderful group. I agreed highlighting and some sort of basing even if its just painted to look like a highway would improve them.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
Nice selection of mini's. They work great together as a group as well.  ;)

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »
Thank you for the replies!
Yes, highlighting is probably something that I should be doing more often. But I have this tendency to want to finish as much miniatures as possible with as less details as I should have like. Shading should also be something I would do more too. =3
Basing is alas 1 more of that want to do but too lazy to put into. Also have only two selections of basing material - rough sand and rough pebbles. And those are few for the amount of finished miniatures that are unbased (kept basing only Warmachine stuff for now.)
@kidterminal : That is actually a nice idea. Might try that on some of them, especially as I have a big paint bottle of grey that would work perfectly.

Funnily, grime is more common on my earlier miniatures rather than my later ones - even for PA miniatures. Maybe because I prefer cleaned ones for now. Might dirty them up later.
Sorry for the late reply, but wanted to get more stuff in before I post, so more pictures yay!
Are mostly tokens and terrain pieces.

A memorial statue to commemorate of heroisms past - just a simple statue with some green paint washed down to count as moss. Its actually a two piece item, one a cheap model(like those army men models that we used to have as kids - I still do...) and a tile of something that I have no knowledge of its origin.
With Eureka's NBC russian and em4's scavenger miniatures for scale purposes. Will post more of those guys with their backstories once I finished more.

This is from Taban miniatures game Eden - I got these off a sale, and really love them as objective markers of terrain pieces.
The left is a time-capsule or even the entrance to an underground bunker. The right seems like a portable generator.

Another bunch of tokens from Taban's Edens. Really nice and give a nice selection of items from electronics to food to tools and water.

These ones are the only non-Eden tokens. They are actually scratchbuilt Emaulers for my Infinity Ariadnan's that consist of scrapes of paper(the rocks and stuff), a cotton bud stick(hollow ones), and those head bits from DreamForge Games Stormtrooper bitbox. But they are quite big to actual Emaulers. Will works as alarms or something. Also, the flash from the camera show off very glaring paint errors that is hardly noticeable normally. So might get back to those or not.

Also from Eden, is this cool looking turrets that pop off the ground. Really nice turrets either way, especially to use against those pesky raiders going for the stash. >=3

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »
Nice the tokens and turrets are great. The Turrets remind of the ones in Fallout Tactics in the Preoria mission.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
I like the item markers! I like how they are based for inside and out. 8)

Cool collection.
Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 12:27:20 AM »
I really like the turret markers, they'd deter me in an instant!

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 04:10:18 AM »
The turrets are really cool. A cool thing is they have these consoles on the back, so your more tech-savvy characters can easily hack and then turn them on their enemies. Just need a decrepit outpost to go with them  :D
Hadn't much opportunities to play in this settings. The only PA that I played at the top of head that is relatively retro sci-fi is Mutants and Death Ray Guns, and the others mostly zombie apocalypse in modern eras.
But this is my favourite setting really just because the amount of possibilities.
Hopefully will get more stuff posted.
Thank you to everyone for their comments, as I am relatively shy, and at most times hesitant and reluctant to interact on forums, so the welcome is really appreciated!

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
Great markers I really like them and the turrets.