Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Dungeons  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Gazmondo

• Lurker
15mm Dungeons
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »
Hi guys, new to the forum and Strange Aeons and thought i'd show you what i've been working on recently.  I've recently got into collecting/gaming with 15mm and 10mm fantasy figures instead of the more common 28mm. I know there are the hirsts molds and other companys making the dungeons for these size of figures but there is a lack of any for the scale of mini's I use. One exception that I know of is the Pendraken 10mm dungeons, (which are awesome).

So, on that note I decided to create my own, casting them a hard plaster.

They are all used with just three different tiles:

After casting a load and painting them up, here's what I came up with:

Using just the three tiles I can create loads of different configurations. I've kept all the pieces as individual tiles but it is possible to create corridor/room sections by glueing them onto a piece of card/foamboard, etc.
I've created doors too to stand up but I may go back and redo them as they were originally created for a fully walled dungeon which I started but put on the back burner. Here's a few pics of it:

I wasn't quite happy with these so opted for the more user friendly 2.5D pieces. One of the problems is the figures are so small it's quite fiddly moving them into and around the dungeon. Also, because of the way I designed each piece, it didn't quite look right.

I'm planning on expanding the dungeon and creating specific quest room tiles, and anything else I can think of. I may also go into selling these as packs of starter dungeons but that's something to think about.
Any critisism is welcome, enjoy.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 15mm Dungeons
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
They llok good! I agree that the 2.5D approach is reasonable, especially at this scale. It saves time and work, too ;)

I would create a few more different floor tiles so not each one has two cracks running through it ;) There's a great tutorial on recreating the flootriles from FFG's Descent with Hirst Art molds, it's on the HA site I think, might be a great source of inspiration for your own project. Also, an undergreat lake or river/sewage basin would be cool, with greenish gloosy water effect and bridges over it. A Kraken could lurk in it, making for a nice encounter that isn't all about Orcs & Goblins.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: 15mm Dungeons
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »
Nice work, sir.
A very characterful layout.
 8) 8)

And welcome aboard!
 :D