Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:56:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot n' Skedaddle question  (Read 3332 times)

Offline oldbear1962

• Student
Shoot n' Skedaddle question
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
Hi all, I'm hoping somebody amongst you can help with my query. Namely, how does a gang or posse add to their stash in campaign games. I have read through the rules three times looking for this and all I have found is a reference to bounties, but unless I'm reading it wrong (which is highly possible) I cannot see anything else, other than one or two bonuses picked up through campaign dice roles. is it just a matter of totting up the values of downed enemies or is it more complex than that?

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Shoot n' Skedaddle question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Just keep a Talley no?

Cheers
Matt.

Offline oldbear1962

• Student
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
Just keep a Talley no?

Cheers
Matt.

Do you mean add up the totals of enemy casualties?

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
Sorry I haven't played it.

Count kills and objectives? Plus Keep any items along the way?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
Hey Old Bear,

Good question and I'm glad you brought it up.  SnS is really left up to the players with regard to loot/earning money within the campaign.  This should be created by players during the games they choose to play (something I should probably include in the PDF, huh?).  The campaign stuff is really just a framework for the players to work around.  Alternatively you can assign arbitrary earnings following games if you'd like.  ($10 per character who did not go out of action, and $10 for each enemy put out of action etc.).

There are a couple of skills, bounties, and special campaign cards which allow additional money to be earned.  I'll amend the PDF when I get home from training (out of state for the next seven weeks) to make this clear.

Players are free to create scenarios which reward sides for victory etc.  In addition this is a way you could actually score a campaign...set a turn limit and the Outlaws win if they succeed in stealing $XXX over the course of whatever games you play - the Lawmen succeeding if they prevent it etc.

While I've always meant SnS to be very open to the players to do as they wish --- I'll definitely hammer out a simple option to include in the rules, maybe a few campaign ideas.  Thanks for bringing this up!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline oldbear1962

• Student
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Thanks, Elbows. I was hoping you'd pick up on my question. I guess I just wanted to make sure that I had a realistic window of numbers to work within, so that I don't unbalance the game. I take it your $10 per character that did not go out of action, etc, is a good framework to start with?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 02:44:18 AM »
Just off the top of my head, I think it would work well enough.  I'd say the goal should be enough money (if you do well) to buy a few spare weapons, maybe hire an additional character or two each game.

The campaign stuff hasn't been thoroughly tested (simply don't have enough people running campaigns - haven't even managed many myself) so it's all subject to change.  Feel free to mess around with it and see what you think works.  I know some gamers want to play really bloody games, where SnS you might be better off staying alive and withdrawing to fight another day.

You could also feel free to skew the way the sides make money:

Lawmen:
$10 for each of your Lawmen who do NOT go out of action.
$10 for each Outlaw you put out of action.

Outlaws:
$20 for each Outlaw who does NOT go out of action.
+$X for the objective

I'd say give it a shot and adjust it as needed.  SnS can be very violent (75-80% casualties in many games) because there is no real rout system (never cared for that with small skirmish games).  But this would mean your posse or gang would be wiped out within a game or two...so players may way to exercise more caution during the game.

Whatever you end up trying, please do post results and let me know.  You can post here or email me at: turnstylegames (at) gmail.com

PS: If you're doing a campaign, you could also try something like the following: The Lawmen have been hired by the federal district attorney (or powers at be) to hunt down the Outlaws.  They're being paid $X per week until the job is done...maybe $50 a week or $100.  The Outlaws have no such income and must raid trains, banks, and targets of opportunity (herein lies an opportunity for a third player or umpire who hides "valuables" at various locations on your campaign map?).  So the Lawmen may have constant income but the Outlaws need to earn their money the hard way (but the score could be very big?).

Lots of stuff to consider. I look forward to your feedback and ideas.  I'd like to flesh out the campaign rules some more in the future.  Any feedback would be great!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:48:15 AM by Elbows »

Offline oldbear1962

• Student
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 12:40:57 PM »
Great stuff. Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to post my progress, slow as it is!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 09:35:54 PM »
Well thank you sir for bringing it up.  I'll definitely be compiling notes and modifying the PDF (eventually).  SnS is a slow progress, but I'm looking forward to putting in some time when this new job finally settles.  We'll see!