Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Sword & The Flame' by Larry V. Brom...  (Read 20712 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: The Sword & The Flame' by Larry V. Brom...
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2015, 06:30:08 AM »
Good hunting gentlemen and have fun.

Darrell - STEA is available from Cavalier Books 

Great, thanks James. I'll order a copy right now after reading the Pdf they look like exactly what I'm looking for- they will be great for the Empress 1930's Jazz Age Imperialism range which will be bad for my wallet !!

Darrell.

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
Incidentally,  Churchill's books on the NWF and Sudan are perfect as inspiration for small unit actions for TS&TF.

Churchill was mentioned in Despatches on one such occasion when a punitive action on a Hill Tribe's village went bad and he helped a wounded soldier to safety under heavy enemy fire.

In fact, all this talk of TS&TF has got me juices flowin and this will be my next Colonial game, when I can get round to it :)  
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2015, 06:34:32 AM »
Great, thanks James. I'll order a copy right now after reading the Pdf they look like exactly what I'm looking for- they will be great for the Empress 1930's Jazz Age Imperialism range which will be bad for my wallet !!

Darrell.

Absolutely!  My Tribes figures do double duty in my Waziristan campaigns but I keep meaning to add a couple of Empress Pathan HMGs 

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:53 AM »
Sorry for going slightly OT with Darrell on this ...  :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05:30 AM »
Sorry for going slightly OT with Darrell on this ...  :)

I forgive you, don't know about everyone else though James  :).

Darrell.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
I'd thought of using Triumph and Tragedy but I want 120-ish Pathans etc in units of 20 or so. Should work?

I'll have at the amazon link you posted at lunch time- thanks for doing that BTW. If you can find the files that would be great  8). i'm not sure nbut there's a small set that has been published from back in the day on the WI site:

"Evicting the Pandies"
http://www.wargamesillustrated.net/Default.aspx?tabid=221&art_id=4720

Is this the set you are thinking about?

Darrell.

Hello Darrel...no it's not this one...it was aimed at Zulu Wars...but was really simple just 4 pages..i tried it and it worked...while i'm sending you the stuff on Abyssinia..i'll scan and send you also those pages
in the meanwhile i could suggest you those 2 others..they seem simple and OK
http://home.comcast.net/~tsrstevew/StandTo/standtopg.html
and
http://home.comcast.net/~tsrstevew/TwoPage/twopage.htm

some yars ago i purchased this Skirmish Set also...specific for Colonial Wargame...extremely detailed..kind of game in which movement/fire/condition phases for each figures as Canter, gallop, aiming, stunned, kneeling, releoding, bruised, lightly wounded..plus all types of Native and European weapons are included..not a speedy game but a very detailed depiction of man to man colonial fights:
http://www.keepwargaming.co.uk/with-sword--bayonet--colonial-skirmish-rules-1420-p.asp

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2015, 05:46:51 PM »
Hello Darrel...no it's not this one...it was aimed at Zulu Wars...but was really simple just 4 pages..i tried it and it worked...while i'm sending you the stuff on Abyssinia..i'll scan and send you also those pages
in the meanwhile i could suggest you those 2 others..they seem simple and OK
http://home.comcast.net/~tsrstevew/StandTo/standtopg.html
and
http://home.comcast.net/~tsrstevew/TwoPage/twopage.htm

Thanks, that's good of you to post up the links to the files. I've downloaded them both and will print them out before giving them a good read- I always prefer to do this- I'm not at all sure why???  ??? lol lol

some yars ago i purchased this Skirmish Set also...specific for Colonial Wargame...extremely detailed..kind of game in which movement/fire/condition phases for each figures as Canter, gallop, aiming, stunned, kneeling, releoding, bruised, lightly wounded..plus all types of Native and European weapons are included..not a speedy game but a very detailed depiction of man to man colonial fights:
http://www.keepwargaming.co.uk/with-sword--bayonet--colonial-skirmish-rules-1420-p.asp

Nice and cheep too! I hope it's not too detailed! I don't want to know how long he or she has been wearing their socks!!  lol

Darrell.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »

Nice and cheep too! I hope it's not too detailed! I don't want to know how long he or she has been wearing their socks!!  lol

Darrell.
No this one is not available free..it's a shop site...anyway..i have it
but beware..is a real study on colonial skirmish warfare...but to play it with more than just  a couple of Waziris trying to stole a musket from a sleeping sentry in a Sangar...you should need your blonde secretary sitting in your knees while she talks you about her socks and make all the long calculations needed for every figure involved...
said that..very interesting datas

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
No this one is not available free..it's a shop site...anyway..i have it
but beware..is a real study on colonial skirmish warfare...but to play it with more than just  a couple of Waziris trying to stole a musket from a sleeping sentry in a Sangar...you should need your blonde secretary sitting in your knees while she talks you about her socks and make all the long calculations needed for every figure involved...
said that..very interesting datas

Now that's what I call a great scenario- the secretarial part that is  lol

Darrell.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »
Sometimes I'm a tad too clever for mi' own good. The Black Watch are coming along swimmingly and are almost ready to put the cold steel to them big, black, bounding 'eathens. That's after I've repainted the very nice red and white sock tops red and black, like wot they were laddie...

'arry, yew slovenly soldier, yew!

:(
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"