Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Lucid Eye figures out!  (Read 23813 times)

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
New Lucid Eye figures out!
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
I've just noticed that Lucid Eye (via Arcane Scenery) have released some new minis!

Although they are probably more Pulp than VSF, I think the Apes and Amazons are perfect for Lost World/Darkest Africa scenarios!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: New Lucid Eye figures out!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
Like the reman types have had them ear marked as body guardsfor my dwarf legion

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
love those armed apes, the Atlanteans not so much
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:36:51 AM by The Gray Ghost »
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »
Already ordered a couple of days ago - I already have the 'Simian Alpha' leader (who's been out a while) to lead the ape tribe, plus a second set of simians slated for release at Salute. Also two packs of Amazons (one so far previewed on Facebook) to follow that rather gorgeous Amazon leader. These, along with the already released Lucid Eye Neanderthal figures, will all be joining my Copplestone cavemen, plus various conscripted Tarzans and Janes (who make excellent additional cave types - I have several of them) in my incipient cave wars project... Which I am finally intending to do this year, having had those Copplestone cave people sitting in a box on the shelf for the last decade  ::)

I think Steve Saleh has excelled himself with these. All blinking brilliant. I even like the Atlantean figures in their kind of pseudo-Macedonian/Roman way - although not a great deal of use to me in a cave wars setting.

The only elements of this brilliant range I don't much care for so far are the Cro-Mangons, who just look a little bit too native American / Inuit for my idea of Stone Age types. Lovely figures, once again - but they just don't say 'cavemen' to me  :(

EDIT:
By the way, these aren't really VSF, and certainly aren't specific to IHMN. I'd say they are basically Stone Age but with 'Pulpish' elements, so I've moved them to 'Other Adventures' as they could be used across many genres  :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:48:29 PM by Captain Blood »

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 03:30:02 PM »
As it happens the Lucid Eye range fill a sub-genre for IHMN, namely that of the Lost World and Pellucidar.
They are also by Steve Saleh sculptor of many of North Star's IHMN companies. I shall be creating IHMN companies for Steve's Lucid Eye range in cooperation with the great man himself.
So maybe this post does belong in the IHMN sub-board as it is of direct interest to the IHMN group?
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 04:02:20 PM »
Craig, I'm assuming you aren't claiming some kind of intellectual property right over everything relating to The Lost World and Pellucidar - inventions of Rice-Burroughs and Conan-Doyle respectively? :)

I daresay there will be people 'creating companies' (by which I think you mean writing army lists) for IHMN, inspired by these figures. Possibly even using them. And you may be providing Steve's inspiration for this whole 'Savage Core' concept, for all I know. (Are you? Or is this range entirely his own creation?)

Either way, he's come up with a very nice range of miniatures which I'm sure will be of interest to wargamers, modellers and painters of all denominations - and not just to devotees of our particular set of rules.

So it would be a shame to see something that isn't specific to IMHN, constrained to the child board of one narrow interest.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:18:25 PM by Captain Blood »

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »
Love the range. Have a couple of figures purely to slap paint on, I think I'm going to treat myself to that Amazon too.  ;)

I thought Steve was looking to produce his own rules for this range? Hinting on the Facebook page that factions would be much smaller than currently used in IHMN?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:14:50 PM by Ray Earle »
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:58 PM »
Love this stuff--although the Atlanteans fit in more with something like Copplestone's Barbarica setting IMHO than here.

Isn't Lucid Eye coming out with their own rule set for this setting?  That's what I have been waiting for...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »
Love this stuff--although the Atlanteans fit in more with something like Copplestone's Barbarica setting IMHO than here.

Isn't Lucid Eye coming out with their own rule set for this setting?  That's what I have been waiting for...

It all fits together in Steve's brain  ;)
He's been banging on about his Hollow Earth setting for years. One day he might write stuff down... He certainly won't say no to someone putting lists up for a game though, it helps sell figures!
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »
I see on their facebook page there is a second pack of apes in the works so I'll be getting them.
those Atlanteans leave me cold, they look way to much like Successor Greeks to me.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »
Arcane scenery are great - orders at 11:00 yesterday, free shipping (only spent a tenner) and they arrived this morning.

For anyone considering these as BIG apes in 15mm (like me) here's a size comparison with a copplestone pict commander I'm working on and a GZG GSE trooper.

I think they're a touch big as is, they just look out of scale. I'm going to adjust the head/ears to be more like an Orangutan then paint them orange. I think that will help with making them more scale neutral (I also want them to battle my dqrkest Africa pygmies so can't tweak them too much to be obviously 15mm).

Brilliant sculpts though. Maybe I should just buy two sets!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:13:36 PM by Jagannath »

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
They remind me of a 'people that time forgot' type setting..which i love !! ;D ;D

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »
That's one of the most dynamic figs I've seen from Steve. Very cool! Reminds me a bit of Sub Mariner.

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 04:41:35 PM »
That's one of the most dynamic figs I've seen from Steve. Very cool! Reminds me a bit of Sub Mariner.

I thought that too.