Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Incursion is coming!  (Read 19147 times)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Re: Incursion is coming!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 05:24:38 AM »
So when do these hit retail?

I don't believe will go to retail.  The entire print run goes to KS backers and the posts I saw from Grindhouse made it look look like Rob doesn't have the money, time or stamina to see another print run through.  Ebay will probably be your best bet.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
It's a bit of a shame the game won't go to retail. That sad, the boxes don't look like they were ever intended to. There is no information about the game on the back of the core game or Snafu. That would have to change if you were to do another run for retail, or at least include a paper insert in the shrink wrap on the bottom of the box to explain the game and contents.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
I figured the whole point of doing a plastic box set and going to kickstarter was to have boxed game for stores to sell to distribution. Weird.

Oh well.

Indie has their ways I suppose.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
Rob said that at one point he put a lot of time and research into retail, but his comment (I can't remember if it was through the kickstarter or the GH forum) was that the online retailers wanted such a deep discount Under RRP to carry the game that it wasn't worth it for what to him is a side job.  I remember that he also wrote about selling or leasing the game to a publisher but that fell through as well.

I think it was always going to be a struggle no matter how they proceeded being a small company trying to carve out a niche audience with in a niche hobby.

On the flip side, if Panda keeps the molds in good shape, a future print run wouldn't need as much in the way of resources as the first.  I can't remember, but there was another game (Fireteam Zero?) that did a kickstarter just for a second run of a game.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 11:51:35 PM »
Woo Hoo!  Mine was delivered here in Colorado USA today.  I had a quick look through and it looks like everything was there including an extra Ack Pack and Blitzhund.  One thing I noticed is that the extra game board in the SNAFU box is paper versus cardboard, but other than that, everything looks as good as the original.

Offline Sisyphus

• Schoolboy
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »
I got mine too... but I'm at a point where I'm wondering if I can afford to keep it. Job troubles... I feel like a poor college student and I'll have to dump some of my big box games.

But if it plays well and is better than say Rivet Wars (Tried, so-so for me) or Space Hulk... I might keep Incursion.

But yeah, concur that 2nd Edition is only for Kickstarter. Sad to see but understandable.