Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WEG Star Wars - Battle Report ''Storming the Rebel Base''  (Read 14944 times)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - Dark Jedi conversions WIP
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
Anyway a nice package turned up from Ebay today while I was at the Dr's about my on going eye problems containing a few WEG minis and the WEG Imperial Entanglements rulebook (Yay for dirty cheap buy too).

I've always found the 2 Sith rule restrictive in SW cannon, but reading into the EU (Expanded Universe) I found 3 temping get out clauses (There are more but I liked these options).

1: Use Darth Maul and his brother Savage Opress (A Nightbrother who became a Sith Lord). Maul survived being sliced into 2 and carried on despite Darth Sidous choosing a new apprentice.

2: Run with a pair of Dark Force or rival Sith users outside of the Bane's ''Lords of the Sith''

3: Dark Jedi, Jedi turned to the Darkside for power and glory.

So sod it I thought.. Dark Jedi with a young apprentice it is :)

Using the WEG's Lesser Force Users as a base I made chopped off their hands and used Wargames Factory Saxon hands and spears as the lightsabers.

The male Dark Jedi also as his hair shaved off and will get a little green stuff goatie.. much like myself heh..

I'm thinking grey robes and purple lightsaber for the female Apprentice and orange for the Master.

Anyway thanks for looking

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: WEG Star Wars - Dark Jedi conversions WIP (Pg.3)
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
That's a great idea!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
Good Conversions. I look forward to seeing them with some paint.
I always thought the two Sith restriction was a pain too. Then they started adding Dark-Siders like Asajj Ventress and General Grievous to the mix and I figured the gloves where off. Besides, in the Tales of the Old Republic there was an entire Sith Empire to choose from.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »
That's a great idea!

Thanks very much :)

Good Conversions. I look forward to seeing them with some paint.
I always thought the two Sith restriction was a pain too. Then they started adding Dark-Siders like Asajj Ventress and General Grievous to the mix and I figured the gloves where off. Besides, in the Tales of the Old Republic there was an entire Sith Empire to choose from.

Thanks

Was Greivous a force user? I only though he was just a Kaleesh adept skilled with a Lightsaber. Aye Ventress though is where I first thought about turned Jedi :)

Might do a few Non-Banite Sith as small Warband of 5/6 lesser Force users backed up by Fringe elements like Bounty Hunters and Mercs :)

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »
Great idea and conversions

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »
Was Greivous a force user? I only though he was just a Kaleesh adept skilled with a Lightsaber. Aye Ventress though is where I first thought about turned Jedi :)

I'm not sure. I'm not as up to date on my Star Wars lore as I once was. I tend to look at the Star Wars universe through WEG tinted glasses, so I figured General Greivous was a kind of Alien Student of the Force. That's based on pure speculation on my part, but that's how we all looked at Star Wars in the old days.

To paraphrase Egg from Big Trouble in Little China, "Star Wars is like a buffet. We take what we like and ignore the rest."

Online Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 02:40:51 AM »
I like the old Jedi, reminds me of an older Anakin skywalker.  He's got that funky medallion too.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »
That's a great idea!

Ta mate :)

I'm not sure. I'm not as up to date on my Star Wars lore as I once was. I tend to look at the Star Wars universe through WEG tinted glasses, so I figured General Greivous was a kind of Alien Student of the Force. That's based on pure speculation on my part, but that's how we all looked at Star Wars in the old days.

To paraphrase Egg from Big Trouble in Little China, "Star Wars is like a buffet. We take what we like and ignore the rest."

I agree screw cannon and it's not like EU is official anymore anyway heh. It my Star Wars Troopers and Rebels auctully hit stuff with Blasters ;)

I like the old Jedi, reminds me of an older Anakin skywalker.  He's got that funky medallion too.

Heh aye it does have that feel about him :)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - Battle Report ''Bounty Hunting'' Pt1 The Forces
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
So tonight at my local gaming club (Watford Wargaming Federation) I'm getting to play a game of SWMB2 for the first time and with another willing victim.. er ..er opponent.

Now as its our first time (Cue candles and mood lighting) we are keeping it small and somewhat easy as I'm also providing both sides and I hate playing with unpainted toys I just went with what I had all ready painted and rushed a couple more Rebels though to even the odds.

The Rebel Force is led by Mr Han Solo (Or Solo Han-Job around these parts) with 2 Squads of 6 Rebel Soldiers.

Keeping it somewhat themed and even the Empire force is led by Boba Fett the arch Bounty Hunter backed up by 2 Squads of 6 Storm Troopers.

So heres hoping for a good game and Pt.2 to come tomorrow!

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »
have fun! I haven't played in several years... but if I remember the rebels are generally better quality troopers, with even numbers they'd have the edge. One of my favourite parts of SWMB was being able to call in an airstrike, something I always gave my imperials...

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2015, 01:02:20 AM »
I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. I never got to play SWMB, even though I've owned the books for decades.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »
have fun! I haven't played in several years... but if I remember the rebels are generally better quality troopers, with even numbers they'd have the edge. One of my favourite parts of SWMB was being able to call in an airstrike, something I always gave my imperials...

It turned out rather even, Rebels have higher Dex so could hit and Stormies had higher Str (Armour) so stopped more blasters. I'm sure we got some rules wrong like Morale but a few more play thoughs and we should get the hang of it :)

I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. I never got to play SWMB, even though I've owned the books for decades.

Thanks Battle Report should be on my Blog today/tomorrow and I'll hightlight and link here.

Just a little tease picy:

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - Battle Report ''Bounty Hunting'' Pt2
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »
The Battle Report is now all fully wrote up on my Blog for those interested:

http://oldhammeronabudget.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/weg-star-wars-battle-report-bounty_4.html

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
have you also considered using the Fubar rules and SW set for the larger games?

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2015, 11:47:22 PM »
have you also considered using the Fubar rules and SW set for the larger games?

Honestly I'm not really interested in going full scale gaming with SW, never been a fan of large games I much prefer the skirmish level games  :)

40 odd a side and 1 or 2 vec I think will be my max gaming wise, plus this way I won't go crazy painting dozens of Stormies and Rebels hehe.

Oh for you lovely readers the good news is  my Denizen minis turned up today so the Rebels will be getting some grav bikes and elite armoured infantry  :)