Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Possible enemies for the Daleks?  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Possible enemies for the Daleks?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »
Valkeeri...  ::)

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Skynet style terminators?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »

My vote is with these guys. They stylistically fit with the daleks but with out being who. Of course I would most likely just use my moderns against them.

I like them but be honest, the Sharclons are very similar to a certain Who race.

I like this pic by Mechmaster - Daleks vs the Drub: http://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/daleks/dalek_pic133.htm
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Germy

• Scientist
    • Germy.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »
More interested in a clash of famous TV / Movie armies or just something that would be an interesting contrast?

When I did my Daleks vs Cybermen the idea of putting them up against so 2000ad judges sounded like fun  8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:48:28 PM by Germy »

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
More interested in a clash of famous TV / Movie armies or just something that would be an interesting contrast?

When I did my Daleks vs Cybermen the idea of putting them up against so 2000ad judges sounded like fun  8)

An interesting contrast more than anything. Judges sound good. Surprised we've not had more suggestions from comics, books & computer games.

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »
The Starship Trooper Earth force ,the Skinnies and maybe the bugs too. What about the MIB, the Asguard or the Jaffa from Stargate 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:59:46 PM by dexter »

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:24 PM »
Terry Nation's original ending for the second series of Blake's Seven was for the Liberator crew to be forced into an alliance with Servalan and the Federation to fight an invasion not by shape-changing aliens from Andromeda, but by Daleks.  So that's a possibility, with lots of nice Crooked Dice minis to use.

Or there's the Bash Street Kids.

But no-one makes minis of the Bash Street Kids, worse luck!

What a shame that never happened! Having said that, given my opinion of the current flavour of Who, I should be glad that B7 isn't in the mix to be corrupted.

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
Given Daleks can time travel why not pit them up against forces of WW2 - imagine to everybodies surprise if you introduced them to a straightforward WW2 Skirmish game - would the players join forces to contend with this new threat

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
Given Daleks can time travel why not pit them up against forces of WW2 - imagine to everybodies surprise if you introduced them to a straightforward WW2 Skirmish game - would the players join forces to contend with this new threat

I did a skirmish game with US Rangers racing against Russian commandos to pick up technology from a German rocket base, the underground bunker wasn't just manned by black-uniformed fanatics....
(Background fluff - a small badly damaged scout ship crash lands in the Harz mountains 1934. German military scientists step in, at least one of the "crew" survves and leads local rocket research (to build an escape ship and bring reinforcements to wipe out the planet)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 11:55:39 PM »
S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures have not V for Visitor and not Battlestar Galactica
I think the Hydra Miniatures rangers are nice, very 50s pulp
does the old line of Spugs still exist?
not Starfleet from Victory Miniatures?
John Carter, Bronze Age Miniatures
Spy-Fi from, Copplestone, Crooked Dice, Artizan
Supers, Crossover Miniatures
Cthulhu

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:09:06 AM by The Gray Ghost »
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 12:14:31 AM »
I'd definitely like to see a Judge Dredd VS The Daleks comic booka nd imagine it would work well on the tabletop too.

Or Johnny Alpha & Wulf Sternhammer taking a bounty out on Davros?

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:56 AM »
The Daleks will happily fight anyone or anything"!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 09:21:44 AM »
I apologize if this is too far off the subject.

A few years ago I wanted to run a Space:1999 role playing game based on Earth after the moon went shooting off into space. The world has been utterly devastated by tidal waves, earthquakes and all manner of environmental havoc. Just as the heroes are getting busy doing rescue missions and making emergency relief runs, a bunch of saucers show up to surround the world. Of course the players, who know Space:1999 better that I do, would be thinking these were the baddies from UFO. (same universe) Imagine their surprise when a load of Daleks came pouring out of those flying saucers, shooting everything in sight.

The game never happened, but it could have been glorious.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
I'd go for:
Dalek civil war- there's a rather nice comic out there: http://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/daleks/secemp-index.htm
S.H.A.D.O.W. from the Gerry Anderson series UFO
Mars Attacks Martians
War of the Worlds Martians
Orks (why not?)
Austin Powers
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
Some great idead out there. I've especially liked the Daleks vs Judges idea. I think the Judge Dredd vs Aliens crossover comic is one of the best crossovers out there. Now I want them to a Dredd vs Daleks comic.

Vanvlak - some great ideas but you can't get more canonical than Dalek civil war (even though Mechmaster's brilliant comic isn't.)  ;)

Gray Ghost - some great ideas too. Cthulhu hmmm. Well they do have a Dalek at Miskatonic - how do see the Daleks fight the big guy?