Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Tree Design: Great Service & Great Product  (Read 3427 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Black Tree Design: Great Service & Great Product
« on: May 23, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Earlier this week (May 19 or 20) I placed an order for a lot of the Doctor Who figures sold by Black Tree Design.  I live in California and was pleased when I learned that their charge for shipping and handling was only $5.  I was thrilled when I came home today (May 23) from my weekly trip to the swap meet and found that my Black Tree Design order had arrived.  The order was perfect, the figures are beautiful.  I will be doing more business with Black Tree Design for sure!  Richard

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
Re: Black Tree Design: Great Service & Great Product
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
I also bought some Dr Who figures a few months back and their service it really good
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:53:58 PM »
I think it's only Black Tree UK that have awful service.

Online Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »
I think it's only Black Tree UK that have awful service.

Do they still?  All my experiences with Black Tree over the last few years have been positive.

BTW, shouldn't this be on "Commercial", rather than "Future Wars"?
Back from the dead, almost.

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
I'm in the Uk and I ordered some stuff back in January and it came in a few days of ordering. I have not ordered anything since then but based on my experience, I would not hesitate. Besides, they are under new management so I think people ought to give Blacktree a chance to put past woes behind them.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 04:22:40 PM »
Do they still?  All my experiences with Black Tree over the last few years have been positive.

BTW, shouldn't this be on "Commercial", rather than "Future Wars"?

Verily, it should, and thus it shall be moved.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »

They've really turned things around. Nothing but great service lately, both sides of the pond

Offline CollarSarge

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 09:45:08 PM »
I ordered from BTD twice this year and can highly recommend them. Long ago, I ‘ve got some great BTD Vikings but now rediscovered them looking for Zulu War minis (enforcing their Empress made comrades). The first AZW British delivery was great. Then BTD introduced their free shipping for 100+ Euro-orders and I couldn’t  resist a try. So the rest of the British went into the shopping cart as well as some Doctor Who characters and Daleks. Since they offered a special sale and an additional discount for new premium members, the usual prices were melting like ice in the sun.

Some small problems were quickly sorted out. Thanks to their new President John, who literally takes care about everything (and never seems to sleep). A destroyed Dalek, showing the octopus-shaped creature inside was no longer available. (And removed from their shop by now). So he immediately asked for what to send as a replacement. Bu I still wish they will revive that miniature again.

Hopefully they’ll extend their AZW-range. I’m a slow painter and will take all summer to finish the British. But I’ll already have their Zulu warriors on my shopping list for autumn. And would like more bayonet-fighting and mealie-bag carrying poses.

After a disastrous order from Black Cat Miniatures, black is now beautiful again – at least when it is Black Tree Design.

Online Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »
Hopefully they’ll extend their AZW-range.

I wouldn't hold your breath - it has been a very long time since BTD brought out any new models.  Actually, I'm not sure they have ever added to the ranges they inherited from Icon (which in turn took over most of the figures from Harlequin).

Offline CollarSarge

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
I wouldn't hold your breath - it has been a very long time since BTD brought out any new models.  Actually, I'm not sure they have ever added to the ranges they inherited from Icon (which in turn took over most of the figures from Harlequin).

Thanks for the info! Maybe there’s a little hope for a fresh breeze with their new management. At least president John Olsen ( = btdjohnno) already asked in another thread here for suggestions and personally answers to e-mails. Delivery and customer service are excellent. Hope the turnover will back up plans for new ranges. Of course enhancing existing ranges by sculpting minis matching the 'old' style might be tricky.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
I would also add my voice to the 'yay'-choir.

I have ordered Zulu stuff from BTD this year and got everything, compliments and two times shipping. Brilliant!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
Same here 80 roman dwarves no issue

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell