Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: eMills, Fallout [Updates Pg 4][AntAgonizer & Supermutant WIP digital sculpt]  (Read 17327 times)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
So, awhile ago I made a Fallout inspired figure to enter into the Post Apocalypse Painting Club. I intended to start a thread and detail my (ever so slow) progress with my Fallout table top gaming, but apparently forgot to...

Having acquired the "This Is Not A Test" rule set, and going through all of the awesome Fallout blogs, I am inspired to begin working on my own figures again.

To start off, the Vault 3 Survivor (who still has no name):

WIPs:

He is meant to be wearing piecemeal Combat Armor over a Vault Jumpsuit. He will be heading a Caravanner group from TiNaT. And they will of course be archenemies with a Raider group.

I also recently purchased a Surface Pro 3 and have been practicing with zBrush.

Deathclaw:

Obviously very WIP. I tend to like a more gritty look/feel for my figures, and all of my sculpts will lean that way. He is quite a bit beefier than the old Deathclaws, but from the looks of the Fallout 4 trailer, I'm not out of the realm of possibility for the species.

Lakelurk:

Very, very early WIP here.

I intend to eventually have all my digital sculpts printed. That is still a ways off though.

Thanks everyone for taking a peek at what little I have done so far. Comments, questions, and criticism welcome.

There will be more, but I don't work terribly quickly, so it will be a slow process.

~Eric
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:38:28 AM by eMills »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout (or "My Ramblings Through the Wasteland")
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »
Hey I remember you posted that Vault Dweller ages ago. Huh, I thought that you had your own thread already for your sculpting, but maybe I'm mixing that up with another forum. :)

Jacky Fitzpatrick.

Someone who clearly goes to more effort converting up one of those Wargames Factory models than myself. You'll be making more models from that set then in future, or will you be sculpting them from scratch?

Did you have another Deathclaw sculpt a while ago and is this then a completely new one, or did you just refine the older one? Have you had any of your stuff turned into hard copies before, it'd be interesting to see how they transition from that program into something you can touch (...and paint). Heh, of course now you have to wait till the game is released, then have to deal with changing that sculpt to match the clearer image. ...Or just leave it as is and call it a variant of the species.

Anyhow, nice to see you posting here with your stuff again. :D

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
Lovely work on the vault dweller!

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »
Hey I remember you posted that Vault Dweller ages ago. Huh, I thought that you had your own thread already for your sculpting, but maybe I'm mixing that up with another forum. :)
I have a couple threads here with sculpts in them. Nothing with the Fallout stuff though. You are probably thinking of my thread on Dakka. It has all of my stuff in it, not broken down by genre like is generally the norm here.

Jacky Fitzpatrick.

Someone who clearly goes to more effort converting up one of those Wargames Factory models than myself. You'll be making more models from that set then in future, or will you be sculpting them from scratch?
Is that a name suggestion? I might just use it either way... Lol.

I'll be doing a bit of both actually. Converting and sculpting. Probably more converting but we'll see.

Did you have another Deathclaw sculpt a while ago and is this then a completely new one, or did you just refine the older one? Have you had any of your stuff turned into hard copies before, it'd be interesting to see how they transition from that program into something you can touch (...and paint). Heh, of course now you have to wait till the game is released, then have to deal with changing that sculpt to match the clearer image. ...Or just leave it as is and call it a variant of the species.

Anyhow, nice to see you posting here with your stuff again. :D
You are thinking of this:

And that screenshot is all I have left of that particular effort. The file was corrupted. No big deal though. I like the new one better. Also, it is so much better sculpting on the tablet directly on the screen, rather than using a tablet while looking at a separate screen. I think my efforts have improved because of it.

I will be keeping my sculpt no matter what. There is always diversity within species, after all. :D

I've had nothing printed yet. Soon though, I hope. I'll be sure to keep you updated on that front.

Lovely work on the vault dweller!
Thank you! Hopefully he won't be alone for too long...

Thanks everyone for looking.

~Eric
Edit: I was wrong. I also have this screenshot of the old Deathclaw:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:05:56 AM by eMills »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
The vault dweller looks great! Interested to see how your digital sculpts turn out.  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:33:26 AM »
WOW! that guy looks great.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline eek

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 03:41:38 AM »
Yay, more Fallout! Love what you have so far, I'll be following with interest :)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:22:13 PM »
WOW! that guy looks great.
Yay, more Fallout! Love what you have so far, I'll be following with interest :)
The vault dweller looks great! Interested to see how your digital sculpts turn out.  :)
Thanks gents!

Started on another Vault 3 survivor turned Caravanner last night. I'll try to get some WIP shots up later tonight,

~Eric

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 02:47:58 AM »

This is Charles. The group's LMG gunner.

He'll be wearing Vault Security armor and wielding a SAW. Still very early in the process , but I'm very pleased with how he's shaping up so far.

There will be 4 members of the group that represent the last survivors from Vault 3. Everyone else will just be Wastelanders from around the New Vegas area.

Thanks for looking.

~Eric

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
Great to see how you build these up. They are looking awesome - keep posting!
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »
Real nice, everything :)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 05:08:20 PM »
Wow, just WOW!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »
You call it converting, I call it sculpting.  Wow.  Love that vault dweller.  Actually, everything is kind of bad ass.
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Fattdex

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 12:10:31 AM »
Great! I had been considering a surface but was worried it would choke on zbrush- how does it handle it?

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
Nice progress on the next vaultie :D