Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New late medieval knight sculpt  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Steel fist

• Scientist
New late medieval knight sculpt
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »
Here is another knight, with a very unusual combination of a kettle type helmet with a bevor that covers the full face, the vision slit is the gap between helmet and bevor. The breathing holes are the long mouth like decoration that could also be used for vision of the ground area.
I still have to add a scabbard.
Again this one is the same size as Perry miniatures and could be used in any conflict in Western Europe from 1450-1500
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:46:49 AM by Steel fist »

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Re: New late medieval knight sculpt
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Like the look of that - and your first one as well.  More please  :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
Like it, very menacing.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
That's a pretty combination.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:58:02 PM »
Lovely sculpt, both this and the previous one. And I have to say, as much as I like your samurai, I think these have a much bigger market potential; do some more!

Offline Steel fist

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »
Thanks all, yeah I will do a few, but Just characters filling in some of my perceived gaps in the fantastic Perry range. It's funny there are a good number of interesting late medieval helmets that are not featured in the Perry line at all, yet the have some sets with the same heads that are in other sets.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 04:53:53 AM »
Thanks all, yeah I will do a few, but Just characters filling in some of my perceived gaps in the fantastic Perry range.

That sounds like an excellent plan Oli. 8)
It's funny there are a good number of interesting late medieval helmets that are not featured in the Perry line at all, yet the have some sets with the same heads that are in other sets.

It's extremely hard to be critical of them though when you look at their amazing prolific output :)

Darrell.

Offline painterman

• Mad Scientist
    • le lay emprins
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »
Oliver
Another wonderful pose and choice of helm - to my mind it has a Spanish feel (not sure why) - the final reconquest of Granada is certainly a gap in the Perry range which you could compliment if it took your fancy?
For Iberian inspiration, have a look at Pastrana Tapestries - https://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2011/pastrana/pastrana_panels.pdf

Simon.

Offline Steel fist

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »
Thanks again, I think I won't bother with any range as such it's too stressful plus these are a break from when doing samurai starts driving me crazy, I find it good to give the mind a rest. But you will see these more often now.
Oliver
Another wonderful pose and choice of helm - to my mind it has a Spanish feel (not sure why) - the final reconquest of Granada is certainly a gap in the Perry range which you could compliment if it took your fancy?
For Iberian inspiration, have a look at Pastrana Tapestries - https://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2011/pastrana/pastrana_panels.pdf

Simon.
I'm glad you noticed the Spanish look simon, though this helmet is not quite Spanish I was thinking on the inspiration of Spanish helmets, and the throat plate is Spanish in design. Maybe he is a mercenary or Spanish noble staying in a Burgundian household or even just a knight that noticed that style in his
travels and commissioned a Spanish throat guard.

That sounds like an excellent plan Oli. 8)
It's extremely hard to be critical of them though when you look at their amazing prolific output :)

Darrell.
No criticism intended. It's actually yo my advantage there are gaps!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:33 AM »
Another wonderful pose and choice of helm - to my mind it has a Spanish feel (not sure why)

Exactly what I thought. A flavour of the Aragonese helmet that I attempted here...