Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ideas needed for 1/56 scale wise Tank Girl Tank??  (Read 3163 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
Ideas needed for 1/56 scale wise Tank Girl Tank??
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
I designed these decals a while back, and now I need a suitable tank to stick them on.  I've been banging my head looking for something suitable to mimic the comic...but nothing yet.

Any ideas?  I was waiting for the FU-UK set (which the decals were made for) but have not seen that yet...

If I can't find something, I made CAD one up and print one.  But what would be the best design?  If I go that route I'll need to design something I can put in the shop.  Great, and I was wanting Company B to try and go back and concentrate on WW2..here I am about to dabble in sic-fi...

Decals

-Brent

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ideas needed for 1/56 scale wise Tank Girl Tank??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »
That's something you'd need to build from scratch rather than say just using a Sherman. Something which looks "like" a Sherman overall would do, but I'd be mixing in different kits (of different scales too, for instance an oversized turret). Hmn, aye bits off of a Sherman, Patton, something with angled tracks and well whatever toy kits look right would do. The thing's a bit mental looking, but I don't know if you're just wanting a basic looking tank to snazz up a bit with the decal, or to slap together a load of kits (hmn, though I suppose you could get away with just mixing a hull with a different body if that's enough for the weird look).

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 08:09:27 AM »
For the film they just vismodded a Stuart. God know's who makes Stuarts in 1/56..... ;)

Here's someone who has done a 1/35 scale version:

http://robjedi.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/tank-girl.html
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »
Yeah, I've seen the Stuart's 😀.  I also have a number of scifi Stuart hulls from our "wierd war" walkers.  I could kit bash that.

But I'm looking to see if there are already pseudo sci-fi kits that can be used as a base. If I kit bash too much, then I may as well go all out.

I want to basically have something to display the two frothers charity figs with.  But part of me is wondering if I should just make a sort of pseudo future wars tank that can be used in games...

Back to the comics for research!