Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691156
  • Total Topics: 118377
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave  (Read 26205 times)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
(COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
 Hello!

You probably know me by now, I run the Believable Female Miniatures range, as well as The Dice Bag Lady and Bad Squiddo Games. My shop (and stalls at shows) have been bustling with people shouting "Frostgrave!" at me. I've been quite ill and off radar for a few things, but I finally got the chance to sit down and read the rules last night, and it looks fantastic (I've had the books and plastics in stock for a while but hadn't the chance to do anything with them). I'll be playing soon. So today I was inspired to set up a whole new page to help out people looking for the minis.

So a bit of a "one stop shop". I can get the official models in as well to requests, but for now I thought I'd mostly build on the experience that people have been coming to me for female warbands, or at least a few female figures.

I've categorised them into classes, just suggestions but much easier than being faced with the huge wall of minis I had previously. There's also the new 4ground terrain coming soon, and my gem shop (biggest there is!) now has another string to it's bow as a big old treasure chest.

The Statuesque heroic heads I have been informed (link to a pic here http://thedicebaglady.net/statuesque-and-north-star-soliders-kitbash/) fit perfectly as well, so a really cool and quick way to female them up.

Some of the female minis stock has taken a hammering lately from this but most of it has restocks en route as we speak.

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave/

I'm going to get somebody to paint me a warband - as I just don't have time lately - out of the miniatures from the shop. I'll be putting a post up tomorrow with which minis I'm going for, mostly the ones with lots of fur on! The painted miniatures means it will be a million times easier and quicker for me to play (I have a habit of undercoating things for games then never getting time to finish, and losing excitement for the game) and they can then go in the cabinet at trade shows as well!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you require any help picking the ladies or wanting to see how they scale up against each other - email is better than PM, details are on the website.

I'm always looking for suggestions for new miniatures, but funds are especially tight at the moment having paid for lots of sculpts, and being in that awkward middle process where they're not out reaping their rewards! So I'm not in a position to buy huge new lines, but I could add some more reaper for example, I haven't hugely looked for wizards on there yet. So as always, suggestions for more are great, but buying the things I have is great...er...er. And makes the former more possible.

Cheers for reading!

Annie
The Dice Bag Lady/Bad Squiddo Games
www.BadSquiddoGames.com
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:50:55 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
Re: Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:11:51 PM »
The Statuesque heroic heads I have been informed (link to a pic here http://thedicebaglady.net/statuesque-and-north-star-soliders-kitbash/) fit perfectly as well, so a really cool and quick way to female them up.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the suggestion. I have some of the statuesque heads already and will give it a try.
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:37:16 PM »
If I can just remember where my  statuesque figures are squirreled away...

Looking forward to seeing what you go with.

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
If girls are going to be allowed into the tree house, they should at least be required to have their own school of magic.   lol

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:40:16 AM »
I love your new sensibly dress women characters line its brilliant! :-* I'd love to see more in fur, but the Game of Thrones ones you do have are very nice. I didn't see an fur clad witches though. :'(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:46:29 AM by kidterminal »

Offline Fencing Frog

• Scientist
    • Fencing Frog
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »
I'm a big fan of this idea :)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
Thanks!

haha Kidterminal I saw your reply before you edited it this morning, you are correct, I've come a way right  :D

I've finally picked out my own warband
http://thedicebaglady.net/annies-frostgrave-warband/

Put a rough picture of them all lined up. Arya and my apprentice are children so them being shorter is fine. I'm going to get them painted for me - 1 being that I will actually play more, and 2, I'm always needing more painted minis for my display cabinet at trade shows so they can live there when not in use.

Cheers
Annie
I've been hunting more wizard models today, as you can see my choices so far have been biased towards fighters, but I'll be adapting this, and getting some of my own sculpts to fit in as well :)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »
I might ditch the man at arms for now and split into two thugs....or chucking a warhound in, as there is 10 points spare.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:22:17 PM by Annie »

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 11:05:06 PM »
As discussed at Attack, will be sending you an order for more warbands when I get paid (along with the dice bag), even though I've already started on my warband with models from my collection.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 12:16:38 AM »
Will Bad Squiddo Games come up with its open Frostgrave line in the future? And if so will it include some nice wolfhounds? A girl needs her dog no?

Offline blackfly

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 01:36:23 AM »
Missing Stronghold's nice Lagertha (though the face looks strangely like Aslaug)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:40:05 AM by blackfly »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 01:52:03 AM »
Any 'Warrior Nuns' without lots of skin showing out there?

For some reason, my browser refuses to show your site ('Page not shown').
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 09:41:03 AM »
Cheers!

I wasn't planning to do much with Fantasy for the time being, except for my Orcs, as it is the largest line I stock. Historical has more gaps. however, creating this, I was able to see what the Fantasy gaps are. I've got a load of sculpts almost ready to be cast but gaps for a couple more to fill the plate, so I MAY add in a wizard & apprentice. I'll have a think, and consult the funds.

No plans for hounds, but I'll be looking about for some hounds I can stock from other lines for completion :D

Warrior Nuns..  not as such in the traditional form. These are often overlooked and I think awesome for Frostgrave http://thedicebaglady.net/black-hat-miniatures-chaos-temple-priestesses/ as well as the rest of Black Hat http://thedicebaglady.net/black-hat-miniatures/ Not sure why it isn't loading on your end, is it sorted now?

Cheers
Annie

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
Some very nice choices in there. Well done.  :)
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 12:47:37 PM »
Great stuff!

Shop has a great selection in it too.