Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690827
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 708
Total: 712

Recent

Author Topic: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland  (Read 25643 times)

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
Wow, you aren't kidding, that's a pretty dead on match for Super Muties.  Look forward to seeing your sculpting work take him the rest of the way!  8)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
I have been terrible at documenting any number of hobby projects.  I have many that have gone unreported across multiple genres but writing about doing stuff isn't as fun as doing stuff and remembering to take WIPs ruins the mood usless it feels like a painting milestone.  Writing about stories is nice though.  The other issue is that writing about new projects is more interesting than trying to revisit others so here is something I started cutting up today out of the mail.

I already threw this on the TNT Facebook group but I like it better here because I can be more verbose.  I like the blog even better because I get to organize the pics with the text but after documenting something here or on a a group it feels redundant :( .

Here we go.  Since I first saw them I thought Prodos' Mutant Chronicle Necromutants would make excellent super mutants in the style of Fallout.  I finally committed and ordered some.  The pics I have seen were murky at best but the models on sight were better than I had hoped for.  The detail is crisp and screams supermutant; Just in a squeakier voice than I might have hoped for :) .

I think the Mutant Chronicle range is 32mm but possibly more realistic than heroic although the more bestial models are exagerated appropriately.  The necromutants are brutal looking but are scaled as humans; While appropriately ugly they had to be stretched out.

I cut the model at the knees and hips and added spacers in those areas and at the waist.  I am going to have to fill in the gaps I made and bulk them out to match the model again.  I took a pic of the stretched necromutant with one of my raiders.  I was being genourous and used the smallest of the lot to make him look nastier :) .  I doubt the model will dwarf my other figs as he should but with a larger base and me wanting to be forgiving I think they will make a fine addition to my collection.

I think that's a good idea. I'd even say they will be a great size when finished.

I'm hesitant to give Prodos any money or I might steal this idea for myself. :D

As it is, I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you do here.

~Eric

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Really good idea! I don`t feel well to feed the KS Troll Prodos with money but that is a  really good way for make some muties!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2016, 03:16:46 AM »
Back again after quite a bit away.  Finally got the revised Headtaker completed.  I'd started painting the model almost a year ago when I got it but did a terrible job of it and gradually started again.  I'd firgured out what I think is a better leather technique and the skin is an improvement on what had me quitting the model the first time around.  The biggest motivator to return to the project was the TNT book arriving around Halloween.  It's a hot looking presentation of the rules and running pages through my fingers is much more engrossing that PDFs.

Having thought more about the Takers I decided they recruit and justify their activities with a blend of religious and nietzchean gobbledy Asian.  Raiders?Takers are the strong taking as the natural order dictates and inflicting righteous punishment of the soft bellied folk who are the descendants of the Old World powers.  The Great Leveler destroyed the World Before and they do his will.  That's what Diamond says anyways but he's full of ****.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2016, 05:32:10 AM »
Nice! Love the tattoo.
 8) 8) 8)

I got that figure stashed away somewhere.
One day I'll try to do him justice  ::)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 02:21:05 AM »
I trying to do a build of the armoured caddy from Freeway Fighter.  I thought it was cool as shit since 1985 so I decided it was time to get on it.  Here are some shots of the WIP

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2017, 08:21:45 PM »
I applied the miliput and did a preliminary sanding once it was dry.  I have to think about what I'm going to do about that hatch on the roof but as a whole I think it is starting to come together.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »
Wow!  Amazing work.  :o

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2017, 05:25:05 AM »
Thanks Koyote.  I added the roof cupola and decided to place a gunner up there; I wasn't sure I would but the figure was too small to match most of my PA figures but too cool not to use in some capacity so I find a candidate.  I think all the bulking out is done to it's time to finish the detailing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:28:24 AM by horridperson »

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 02:27:55 AM »
Having called the build done I started the paint with a layered red.  I'm chasing it with glazes to try and get a red finish that will at least give a nod to the source of inspiration. 

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »
Nice.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »
Wow, pure nostalgia and a lovely piece of creative work.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »
Agree.

I was too young to get into it at the time - the chrome in the pictures freaked me out. No idea why. Too shiney perhaps.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
I was drawn to it at sight;  I'd watched The Road Warrior for the first time shortly before I'd read Freeway Fighter.  I was taken by the image but it lacked the "grit" of the film.  I'm tempted to paint the heavy chevy with some dings and weathering because like you that suits my PA vision a little better.  I hope I don't set off to many puritans when it isn't cherry bomb and glowing chrome.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2017, 06:10:59 PM »
I slowed on the project when I misplaced my gunners arms.  I found a set that worked so he and the rest of the project are back on.  Hope to have the finished model up soon.