Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A few 2nd Ed Rules Questions  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
A few 2nd Ed Rules Questions
« on: September 18, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »
Regarding the point limit for Threshold teams: The rules state a new team begins with 15pts

1.) Is the Threshold team required to take all their allowed points in a game or can they elect to use less (thus forcing the Lurker to do the same)?

2.) Originally a Threshold team can use 15pts, is this total, or 15PP + 15EP?  After 5 wins a team is allowed to use 15EP + 15PP according to the rules.  How does this differ (exactly) from what the team was allowed to take when it was orginally created?

3.) If you purchase a new team for 15PP, spending no points on EP, what does the player do when they receive an "advancement", etc. that increases the value of the team beyond the allowed 15pt maximum.  In other words, as the team gains advancements due to winning and surviving that must be paid for, they will have to take less and less equipment/members at least until they reach the next level of promotion (an extreme example, but in my case I had to 'shed' equipment in my 2nd and 3rd battles because my agents became more expensive, same concept and it did not 'feel' right to take less weaponary with each battle).

4.) Is there any restriction on firing 'through' a friendly/non-combative model for Threshhold player (not in base-to-base with anyone mind you, just in the way).  What about Lurkers (I would think not, but...)

And, as an aside... Any chance of stats for the Gug or does anyone have stats worked up yet (I have 3 trying to get on the table)?

Thanks for any feedback,
Scott
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:22:22 PM by Grumbling Grognard »
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
Re: A few 2nd Ed Rules Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »
Hi Scott,

Page 25 of the 2nd Edition rules for building your initial team allows you to have a total of 15 pts between PP and EP.

As per page 34 (Promotion)

When you reach 5 Victories (Extrodinary Level) , you can re-eqiop your team to have a total of 15PP and 15 EPs (Max total of 30 BPs for Lurkers).

When you reach 10 Victories (Gallantry Level) you can re-equip your team to have a total of 20 PP and 20 EPs (Max total of 40 BPs for Lurkers)

When you rach 15 Victories (Distinguished Level) anything goes. (Max total Lurker BPs is what you re-equip your team to when adding the team's PPs and EPs

Lem  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:52:26 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »
Now more in answer to your questions:

1) You are not mandated to take the max PP+EP total. Lurker force will have BPs only equal to your team's PP+EP total.

2) I believe I answered this in my above post.

3) I always start my teams with only 10 total of PP+EP. This gives them the room for 5 advancements. If I get extra advancements, then I have to shed some EPs until I reach the next level.

4) The Line of Sight and Range rule on page 13 says nothing about a figure (friendly or enemy) blocking Line of Sight.  So you can shoot (except against figures in close combat OR if there is an enemy figure within 5" and then you must target the closest enemy).

Lem  :)

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:36 AM »
Very cool.  #1 clears up alot. 

I also saw a similar post about this for 1ed and it seems to be a built-in mechanic as the character "drifts off" into insanity....  Okay, except Sister Mary Elephante' is not going to lose  :-)  She has *both* God and the Pope on her side!   :o

In regards to friendly guys in the way....I think I am going to "house-rule" that to be a single point (6) save.

My only hesitation is that this will make the Witch kinda strong.  It came up in my second game....she was right in front of a zombie ("eeekkk...help...help..."), with the "Fair Beauty" spell in full swing of course.   :D    I figure a single point of save, against ranged fire, and she can "shield" only one...that is not too bad.  Like I said, "house rule"!    :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 03:36:06 AM »
When we play at uncle Mike's I don't think he lets us shoot through other character's bases. But maybe lidless eye can confirm.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 11:28:16 PM »
p 165 pf my pdf, under the re-equip section:

Lists that have yet to achieve a Promotion may not purchase models or equipment that would the cause the list to
exceed 10 Personnel Points and 10 Equipment Points.

So, you start with (max) 15, total.  No more than 10 either pp or ep IMO.  Then, you have a few to spare, until a promotion.  But, I also did not realize I cannot shed equipment unless I lose two in a row or someone dies.  So, what I was doing was not "legal", but otherwise, I would have been over my pt limit.

I think I have a handle on it now.  Interesting system...I think Uncle Mike has a tenticle or two under that shirt.