Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690927
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy figs and terrain for SobH, KOW etc - 2nd cottage Finished!  (Read 31772 times)

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
    • https://6mm.wargaming.info
Re: Fantasy warbands for SobH, Frostgrave, KOW and other bits - New Graveyard
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Thanks guys

Good idea has.been, I will try that next time. This was a one off so I didn't mind but i wuld use a different technique again.

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
Re: Fantasy warbands for SobH, Frostgrave, KOW and other bits - New Graveyard
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »
Hi all

Some of the first Bones figures I painted were (appropriately) Skeletons. The first batch of Reaper Bones I skeletons are pretty poor but I have found the Bones 2 KS much nicer figures and more interesting poses.

Spearmen
Nice figure and pose. I have gone for a rusty and tarnished look on the spear and the Wargames Factory shield. The shading on the bones looks a bit harsh but apply the 2ft rule and they look much better  :D

Bowmen
I added a bowstring, a pouch and a WF quiver to the figure as it is a bit plain otherwise.

And I just noticed I need to tidy up the basing!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
The Skeletal Warriors look SPLENDID...EXCELLENT brushwork & basing. The background scenery is LOVELY as well. GREAT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
I like the paint job, it looks good...you've just convinced me that the Bones skeletons aren't that good. Really good work with it though.

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
I like the paint job, it looks good...you've just convinced me that the Bones skeletons aren't that good. Really good work with it though.

I like them and they are cheap army filler but for skirmish they are average. I have pimped a few with new heads, weapons, shields and extras, and it makes big difference.

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
Hi guys

A small update as work continues on my graveyard terrain piece

Mauseleom

The was my first crack at scribing stonework into a building so I thought start with something small. I made a basic cardboard frame and glued the foam onto it. The door is made from balsa, card for the iron bits, some finger nail decorations for the rivets and a small bead attached with a pin for the door handle. The roof was made from card and I added an iron strip along the top made from some cross stitch. I added a cross from a GW shield to the front.

Cheers
Kieran

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Very nice. Those bugbears are brilliant and the terrain looks great too.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames

'Normal' or 'human' sized bones aren't top notch if you look for individual skirmish or showcase models, but I think 6mmfan has just convinced me that they are fully passable for massed combat games (like GoB, for which I am almost running out of old GW skellies for my Lords of Undeath army).

Clean up moldlines, spray white, block in details, apply wash in desired tone, and Bob's your (dead) uncle!.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
Hi guys

I've been working more on my Graveyard and have finished most of the details for it now. Next step is to stick all the bits down and begin the basing.

Some bits and pieces for the graveyard
- Implements, wheelbarrow and gravestones (which could do with some black wash). The gravestones are mostly from Renedra and the wheelbarrow etc are from the Renegade ACW range IIRC

Finished the Mausoleum. I'm very happy with this ad its looks better in real life (not sure why the colours are a bit off and the washes dont show up very well in the photos)

And I painted the pathway grey, followed by a light brown wash. Its much easier to paint this now instead of after all the peices are in place.

Old tree
This was made from from wire and then covered with caulk and fine sawdust. I'll add some coconut fibres for the smaller branches. I'm going to cut the bottom and twist the wires to make some roots.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:47:46 AM by 6mmfan »

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
Skaven Clanrats
I have finished the first batch of Clanrats and it took me a while to get a technique I liked but I am very happy how these came out. I went for quite bright colours for the clothing and a rusty look on the armour and weapons. Its my first attempt in a long time painting shield patterns so I kept it pretty simple. Although they are for Kings of War I will use some for dungeoning so I painted them better than they needed to be.

Enjoy

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Fantasy warbands for SobH, Frostgrave, KOW etc - big update 26/10
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
Very nice. Like the tree. Might steal that idea. I've just been doing my own graveyard out of 3d printed stuff.

Offline Mr Vampire

• Bookworm
  • May or may not be wearing pants.
Re: Fantasy warbands for SobH, Frostgrave, KOW etc - big update 26/10
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing the final, assembled graveyard.

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
Re: Fantasy warbands for SobH, Frostgrave, KOW etc - Lots of Rats!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 02:35:11 AM »
No more progress on the graveyard at the moment but I should get some free time this weekend.

Meanwhile I got the photos done for another 10 Skaven I finished, including my first attempt in a very looonng time at trying to paint a standard. Quite a colourful bunch but tha'ts how I like it!

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:02 AM »
Well, there goes the cheese and beer supply... lol

Excellent pack of rats! 8)
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:47 AM »
Very nice work here! I love the clanrats! Brilliant brushwork!

Cheers
GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden