Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LBMS transfers and banners  (Read 9155 times)

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
Re: LBMS transfers and banners
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »
I used the same small scissors that I had used to cut the transfer out, to cut a series of small incisions inside the boss-hole. Radiating outwards like the spokes of a wheel. Only a couple of mm long, and about 8 incisions in total.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 10:44:27 AM »
I used the same small scissors that I had used to cut the transfer out, to cut a series of small incisions inside the boss-hole. Radiating outwards like the spokes of a wheel. Only a couple of mm long, and about 8 incisions in total.

Ah, ok, I see, thanks!  :)

I was thinking about trying to punch out the boss-hole with a leather-punching device (one of those used when making holes in a girdle/belt).

I guess the slits can be made with a sharp x-acto, as well.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »
I have used a leather hole punch once or twise. But I must say in general I have had no problems with these transfers. I almost exclusively use Gripping beast plastic shields as I find they are some of the best available. And I have not have manny problems with the holes not fitting.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 01:13:57 PM »
I have used a leather hole punch once or twise. But I must say in general I have had no problems with these transfers. I almost exclusively use Gripping beast plastic shields as I find they are some of the best available. And I have not have manny problems with the holes not fitting.

And then you just paint over the thin white rim around the pre-punched hole? (The transfer may be clear in that area, cannot discern it by looking at them?)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
Yes. I paint the shieldboss last, so that will cover up any remaining white.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
"Essential to success IMO was cutting the inside of the transfer, the hole where the shield boss pokes through, as sometimes this hole is a bit small and cutting the transfer allows it to sit much more smoothly."

Exactly how, please, as the boss-hole is one of my concerns about using the transfers I've purchased?

How do you make sure that the boss fits through?

I haven't tried my ropes with the shield transfers, yet, but as I found this thread, I thought I'd seek some info...  :)

Technical parlance help required. I enlarge ALL LBM transfer holes prior to doing anything with what I call a leather punch. It's a revolving wheel thingie on a two grip thingie with different size punch thingies. Size 4 is ideal for nearly all LBM shieldbosses.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2016, 12:19:08 AM »
Technical parlance help required. I enlarge ALL LBM transfer holes prior to doing anything with what I call a leather punch. It's a revolving wheel thingie on a two grip thingie with different size punch thingies. Size 4 is ideal for nearly all LBM shieldbosses.

If I had one of these on hand it's exactly what I would have used. At the end of the day, SOMETHING needs to be done to those holes, I found that just putting them on without altering them created a large headache for myself. A little bit of prep-work and the results improved dramatically.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28:18 PM »
Ok like a voodoo priest...back from the dead. I have a wedge of Saxon Miniatures and GB Arthurians on their way, how do you know which are large and which are small is there a guide on ratios and wot not on which sets to buy against mini codes etc?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 05:26:58 AM »
Been wondering that myself  lol

On another matter:
IF you experience difficulties removing the clear film from the sticky side of the transfers, I have found it useful to heat them up with a hair dryer for a minute or two (holding the transfer with a pair of tweezers).

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 10:48:58 AM »
Karl - I posted my response / thoughts on transfer shield sizes etc in my Twilight of Britannia thread...
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=66227.msg1255432;topicseen#new

(Rather than repeat it all here!  ;))

Cheers,

Richard

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 04:59:05 PM »
Karl - I posted my response / thoughts on transfer shield sizes etc in my Twilight of Britannia thread...
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=66227.msg1255432;topicseen#new

(Rather than repeat it all here!  ;))

Cheers,

Richard

Smashing, must have missed it amongst the eye candy  ;D