Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Imperial Skies Aeronef ruleset  (Read 5854 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Imperial Skies Aeronef ruleset
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
Might require the original responder hitting a 'quote' for it to show as a reply. If so, my apologies; for my own questions, I tend to just hit 'see own posts' oft enough to assume I'll pick such up. I assume I'll have a lot for which to apologize...  ;)

I did download the Aeronef files from Brigade Models; I came up with over 140 ship displays. While many are variants, not individual models, Robin still has his work cut out for him.  lol

Doug

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 03:12:04 AM »
While I've often thought about buying "Nefs" from Brigade, something is holding me back...this KS looks like a fairly decent deal...can anyone quickly sell me on it before the KS ends?

Perhaps I'm having issues with buying a starter force without knowing the strengths/weaknesses/roles of each ship type? I know the exchange rate isn't helping me either!
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »
Perhaps I'm having issues with buying a starter force without knowing the strengths/weaknesses/roles of each ship type? I know the exchange rate isn't helping me either!

As for the ships, that seems still in the offing for the new system; you'll probably be able to argue how they should stack up. Most folk would take a particular nation no matter how 'capable', though.

For Aeronef, even without the rules, you can download, for free, the individual displays from Brigade Models and make informed guesses. As I said above, I'll be glad to have ships for which I can chose rules, and probably 'switch' at various times depending on which rules match fleet size.

And most cogent, of course, even with dozens of models to peruse, *I* want more!  lol

Doug

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 06:55:09 PM »
Maybe we can still reach the Kaiser-class dreadnought, at least. I'm hesitant to start a thread called "PLEDGE FOR THE KAISER!", though lol

And the Kaiser is reached! You could start a thread about 'Lexington', but if I did, I'd be called a jingoist.  lol

Doug

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 12:32:15 AM »
Well, I'm in for £31.00. Doesn't get me much but I'm excited nevertheless.

I figure I can get the rulers/dice/fleet at a later date.

I purchased: Printed rule book, British vanguard-class dreadnought, and of course Shipping.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »
Just for reference, the KS is now over, and we hit the Lexington stretch goal as well. So that's four new battleships/dreadnoughts/battlecruisers that Brigade will make thanks to this KS.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino