Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697735
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Quite quiet here, recently....!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Quite quiet here, recently....!
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
Is everyone playing Frostgrave....?  lol ;)

Doug

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Quite quiet here, recently....!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
I hope not, I have been quietly painting away at 3 leagues and all the NPC's for a Perilous Island campaign in Pulp Alley.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
Is everyone playing Frostgrave....? 

Y'all can keep the cold, wet nasty, dampish, derivations of water upon terrain, 1 to 1 or 28mm...

Warmish climes for me please, ocean breezes, sun drenched rocks, lush foliage thank you very much.

Besides, da dames looks better wiff fewer garments, not more, right?

None of my Pulp Alley People are equipped with snow shovels, nor is there a plough in the motor pool.

Salt ain't fer roads, de-icer's for aeroplanes, & heaters are for distillin'...stuff...

Inna Perfect Pulp World that is...

Valerik

hasn't owned a snow shovel in 40 years...

BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:29:36 PM »
Is everyone playing Frostgrave....?  lol ;)

Doug

Frostgrave? What's that then?

Pulp is alive and well at OHQ and GHQ, but I find that pulp games really need at lot of preparation to tell a story to be really enjoyable. Alas the time required is something I am short of at present, but I believe Dave has a game planned in the near future.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »
Doug,

Pulp is coming back to life in Devon. (oh bollocks, I hear Valerik say, just when you thought it was safe to go back on the forum!).

First off, I don't know whether I mentioned this on here but I am now a carer for my father who lives with us. Earlier this year the occupational therapist told us he was too wobbly on the stairs which meant we had to move his bedroom downstairs, the only practical room being my lovely painting room! All hobby stuff was packed away and I ended up with the smallest bedroom upstairs becoming the computer room and the next smallest room became the painting room, which is halfway to completion, just awaiting some shelves. Consequently, not much painting or gaming has happened in the last few months.

I have also now retired (hurrah!) after 41 years with BT and am keen to get painting again and also playing some Pulp Alley. Retirement should be ideal for getting more painting done but I fear that Lady Snapcase has plans for decorating after the Festering Season!

Anyway, it's nice to back and there are tons of pages to read on here, so toodle-pip for now....................................

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
My Pulp[ campaign has gone quiet because I am focusing on Frostgrave...we will return in the New Year :D

Still have the big finale to play out

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
Been full on Pulp at my club in Molesy. One 30s and one Arabian.   8)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 03:55:03 PM »
For us, things always slow down during the holiday season. Less gaming, less writing, more family time.

Our secret volcano lair is gleefully decorated and covered in tiny twinkling lights. The headhunters are lazily sipping hot-cocoa and even Great Gongo loves donning her fuzzy Santa hat.

It seems to be the cycle of things. Many folks are easily distracted by shiny stuff (myself included).

Through it all, pulp survives. Two-fisted, pulse-pounding adventures jam-packed full of daring heroes and sinister villains. Ayup, that's right down my alley. Pulp Alley!

HAVE FUN

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:28 PM »
The Dinosaurs of Jaffa! Have demanded at least a week off for Chrimbo!

Lost Temples are closed over the Bank Holiday...But will be open extra early for your adventuring needs in the New Year!

Hoping to get a big fun game in over the holiday? It may be Pulp! But with the excess of figures that may get used it may not be Pulp Alley! (Purely because of numbers)

Have a good Chrimbo and a Happy New Year and we'll all be back. Very soon if not sooner?

Next project please?

lol lol lol lol :D

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
My enquiry was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but it's noticeable how the traffic has slowed here whilst the Frostgrave board is showing the kind of activity that marked this place until recently. And it's interesting to note the similarities between Frostgrave and Pulp Alley so I can imagine there's quite a lot of crossover. Plenty of differences as well, of course but the core of a League/Warband led by an outstanding character supported by bit-part players of varying levels of utility is common to both.

Just an observation. Both games get a tick from me.

Doug

Offline Jocke

• Bookworm
    • NoClear Studio
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »
I and my play pals have had a look at Frostgrave... but we decied that we will play that setting with the Pulp Alley rules  :D

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 11:36:11 PM »
(oh bollocks, I hear Valerik say, just when you thought it was safe to go back on the forum!).

... there are tons of pages to read on here, so toodle-pip for now....................................

Since our Goode Madde Lorde, absent pictures that is, points at each word & sounds it out silently whilst 'reading' methinks those haunting hereabouts may quite possibly enjoy a wee bit o' peace for a tiny tad longer...

Or Not..

Valerik

A Russian tale:
Prince Igor is hunting in the woods in the dead of winter.
The icy wind makes his eyes tear.
A bird turns to another bird and says,"Look! He's crying!"
The other bird says,"Don't watch his eyes, watch his hands."

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:53 AM »
Well down here in Dixie, Pulp has taken a new twist.
We're gearing up for Pulp RPG using the Savage Worlds rules.
I'm trying to show the Missus and our offspring that there's more to RPG than D&D.
We get to use all the pulp toys and best of all, it was yet another excuse to fire off an order to Mr. Murch.  :D

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »
Since our Goode Madde Lorde, absent pictures that is, points at each word & sounds it out silently whilst 'reading' methinks those haunting hereabouts may quite possibly enjoy a wee bit o' peace for a tiny tad longer...

Ah, you know me so well! Also of course there's the dribbling, every so often Old Scrotum (the wrinkled and aged family retainer) has to wipe down the keyboard in my study in the east wing at Snapcase Hall. This slows down my perusal of these august and erudite postings even more!