Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:09:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689632
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conversion bits review - Puppetswar.eu  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Treadheadz

• Librarian
    • treadheadz on tictail
Conversion bits review - Puppetswar.eu
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
Hey everyone - This is a small review of some cool kits from Puppetswar.eu

If the entry is misplaced or out-of-bounds - I apologize!

I'm always looking to add a bit of something to my stock models, just to make them a bit more "mine".

Sometimes its a few extra pouches or a quick headswap. Recently I've ventured from heroic scaled 40K, into the more normal proportioned 28mm range of modern warfare with models from companies such as Spectre, Empress and Eureka.

Converting resin, plastic models or even metal miniatures is not difficult - allthough metal requires a bit more practice.

The hard part is finding bits and parts in the correct scale - with heroic, there is a bucketfull of stuff outthere. With 28mm not so much...

However a few companies make stuff, that are in somewhat correct scale and could be used, to create unique characters or units.

One of those companies is Puppetswar.eu - They have a huge range of resin models and parts - and while most is catered towards 40K, the overall scale of most of their stuff is actually more "true" 28mm.

I've recently bought the "GUERILLA", "NORSE", "PATROL CAP" and "TACTICAL TROOPER" heads and scaleswise, they are pretty bang on target.

Below is pictures of the heads compared to EMPRESS miniatures heads.

"GUERILLA" - "PATROL CAP" - Empress USMC - Empress DEVGRU - "NORSE"

The "Guerilla" and "Patrol Cap" are insanely detailed! - You can actually see the coil on the ear-piece on the Comms!

A quick example using uber-photoshop-skillz!

So if you are looking for conversion parts to make your team/units/army a bit more non-stock, these may be up your alley!

I hope you enjoyed the review ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:55:48 PM by Treadheadz »

Offline Treadheadz

• Librarian
    • treadheadz on tictail
Seems like I'm never quite content with "out of the box"

I've recently converted a few Empress models with Puppetswar heads, and added some extra bits - pouches from Live-Resin and Mad Robots and some greenstuff (satchel/bumbag).

Barrel on the SAW was damaged, but I simply cut it down and removed the barrel handle - It now looks more like the MinimiPara.

Spectre Mini with added Assault Pack and LongRangeComms

Another Spectre with Puppet head - This one will also have a chestrig and other gear added in greenstuff

Simple weapon swap - replaced the hand firing a "Pirate gun" with one from Wargames Apocalypse - Kinda looks like "Walter" from The Big Lebowski ;)

Really proud of this one - Empress Kickstarter USMC with legs from a PLA Mortar crew and Puppet head.

Another Spectre

And another...

One more...

And last one - Empress Kickstarter USMC with Wargames Apocalypse head and some greenstuff Earpro and satchel/bumbag.

Thats it!!

just a little taste of what can be done with the right bits and little (very little) talent ;)

I hope to inspire others to try and convert, feel free to comment and/or post your own work!

Offline Blofeld

• Scientist
    • Frontline armchair
Re: Conversion bits review - Puppetswar.eu
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »
Excellent conversions there, love the kneeling grenade launcher guy.
Look forward to seeing these painted
Thanks for sharing
Blofeld