Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690727
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kit Bashing: FireForge Foot Seargent Bodies + What Heads?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Jennifer

• Scientist
Kit Bashing: FireForge Foot Seargent Bodies + What Heads?
« on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:42 AM »
What's are some good Fireforge kits which have a lot of heads that would work well with the FireForge Foot Sergeant bodies?  I like the foot sergeant bodies is why I ask.   I know the Mongol Infantry heads look good but I can't find that kit anywhere and looking for more options.  Something with heads that'll look good with Frostgrave.

Will GBP Dark Age Warrior heads fit on the FireForge foot seargent bodies?

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Kit Bashing: FireForge Foot Seargent Bodies + What Heads?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »
I've mixed Gripping Beast Vikings with my Fireforge Footsergeants and Templar infantry for a Scandinavian medieval force I'm working on and mixed the heads on them all and they work great - both flat neck joints. Most of the Fireforge sets have similar heads so if you're wanting variety I'd say you need the Mongol infantry rather than another of the crusader type sets
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:12:23 AM by tyrionhalfman »

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »
The Mantic ghoul and zombie heads are also a perfect fit if you're leaning towards a more evil warband.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Jennifer

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 10:39:14 AM »
I've mixed Gripping Beast Vikings with my Fireforge Footsergeants and Templar infantry for a Scandinavian medieval force I'm working on and mixed the heads on them all and they work great - both flat neck joints. Most of the Fireforge sets have similar heads so if you're wanting variety I'd say you need the Mongol infantry rather than another of the crusader type sets

I just can't find "Mongol Infrantry" on the FireForge site nor from Annie.  Is it a different name now?  I do like them.

So GBP and FireForge really interchange that easily? I think I read somewhere recenlty on this forum that they didn't quite line up perfectly and either you had to do some cutting or putty work..  I forget.

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »
They are listed as "Fireforge Steppe Warriors"
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »
If you follow these two links you'll see where I got my inspiration for mixing the different manufacturers plastic kits.

http://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/tungt-infanteri.html?m=1

http://dalauppror.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/needs-just-few-more-ledung-soldiers.html?m=1

Yeah I think they work really well with no extra work.

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
I mix them with the heads of the frostgrave cultists
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 06:37:45 AM »
You can mix and match any and all of the 28mm plastics currently on the market. Some go slightly better with others in terms of styling, but they are all essentially interchangeable, subject to a little bit of fiddling around with the neck joint one way or another... I thought I saw this explained in an answer to your previous question about 'which figures should I buy?'

If you look at my Game of Thrones Westeros thread on the main fantasy board, you'll see I've taken components from at least a dozen different sets from at least 6 different manufacturers and smooshed them together. And I don't think you'll really be able to tell much difference in the finished figure  :)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 06:44:44 AM »
Indeed Captain Blood you're another inspiration for medieval-ish, fantasy-ish kitbashing with your Westeros project. The benefit of fantasy being that you're not constrained by historical accuracy so parts that just look cool can be put together even if there are pieces of armour or weaponry that in reality are hundreds of years apart. Thanks for the ongoing inspiration :)

Offline Jennifer

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
... I thought I saw this explained in an answer to your previous question about 'which figures should I buy?'

Evidently there must be some difference between that thread and this one, otherwise I wouldn't of created this one.  I'm not senile or mentally disabled, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:18:51 AM by Jennifer »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
Evidently there must be some difference between that thread and this one, otherwise I wouldn't of created this one.  I'm not senile or mentally disabled, thanks.

Well, that does not come across as very polite.....
 :?

Especially given that the rest of the post that you decided to quote one sentence from was actually informative and helpful......

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »
Evidently there must be some difference between that thread and this one, otherwise I wouldn't of created this one.  I'm not senile or mentally disabled, thanks.

But why not just continue the discussion in the other thread? You know that as OP you can change the thread title?
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Jennifer

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 01:36:38 PM »
Well, that does not come across as very polite.....
 :?

Especially given that the rest of the post that you decided to quote one sentence from was actually informative and helpful......

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I don't feel what I said was insulting.  I do however feel insulted by what he said, especially since I did not create another thread on this topic.  I am/was thinking about making a purchase and had a very specific question.

Anyways, I rather not continue with this line of discussion -- it's a waste of time.

Question has been answered.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:44:01 PM by Jennifer »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »
Captain Blood is the Global Moderator so is entitled to ask questions of posters without being attacked for it.  The mods are all volunteers and deserve some respect for the effort that they put into the smooth running of the forum.