Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Little Interwars  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Genialjim

• Librarian
Re: Little Interwars
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »
Very nice, how do you sign up for Marks page I cant see an option onthe web site?

Regards

Jim

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
Very nice, how do you sign up for Marks page I cant see an option onthe web site?

Regards

Jim

North Star have taken the day to day running of Copplestone Castings, news will now be via the NS newsletter I would imagine.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 01:35:46 AM »
Well Mark already does Interwar vehicles, at least he did, the HLBSC ones. Having said that I looked at his new site at North Star and couldn't see them listed anywhere. Hopefully they haven't fallen by the wayside. I always found customer service with Mark to be first rate. He still holds the record for dispatch and arrival from the other side of the world by a long chalk.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 06:45:14 AM »
...and what would someone do with such looking figures?..other than collect and paint them for nostalgia perhaps

? 30mm toy soldiers doesn't sound that useful for the 28mm interwar gamer (barring perhaps a few odd figures).

..presumably MC intends to sell multiple bags for gaming or is this just collecting stuff?  ???

Bemused Wanderer...

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
I would use them for a version of Bob Cordery's portable wargame - I used my own Little Wars Revisited figures for a couple of games recently:

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »
I imagine the vehicles for such figures would carry the equivalent detail, so the current crop of CC Interwar vehicles would not be part of the range. Likewise they would be of no use to the '28mm Interwar gamer' in much the same way as 25mm or 1/48th ones would not be... nor are they meant to be. They would be in and of their own thing.

There are a number of sets of rules, ranging from the 'Kriegspiel' ones at the back of Little Wars, or the ones in Charge! to more recent offerings.

Nostalgia probably, but no pressure to churn out miniature masterpieces either, nor to play with all but the simplest rule sets.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
Always wanted some 'proper' toy soldiers, have a few Australian Colonial regiments I secured in Tasmania but they are not for gaming...yet...these boys would fit the bill well and with my son also loving Tintin an easy way to get his interest up!

Cannot wait!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 06:35:00 PM »
It's possible that the "Toy Soldiers" aspect is being overthought and that they'll just be like any other Copplestone offering, only with a 30's flavour.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »
You could be right...oh well I have figure cases full of Copplestones that are good as 30mm and they are almost without exception wonderful little sculpts!