Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685086
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Neu-Moschi Station: My Usambara Railway Project (Updated 26Oct16)  (Read 21766 times)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
Hi All,

I've been wanting to add a train station to my Neu-Moschi outpost, so decided to give it a shot with the new Sarissa railway line.

Here's the current station (not sure it it dates all the way back to the German period or is a British addition):

And here is my attempt:

Not a perfect match by any means, but I think it will look reasonable enough on the table.  I still have more portions to build, along with some track, but it's a start.  I'll post more as I finish items.

Additional photos can be found here:
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/2016/03/neu-moschi-station-for-usambara-railroad.html

Thanks!

Chris
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:18:21 AM by joekano »
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Neu-Moschi Station: My Usambara Railway Project
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:06:47 AM »
That's a lovely piece of terrain.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:31:27 AM »
Very nice, I'd fight battles over it!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:33:12 AM »
I'm not a fan of MDF terrain but I really like what you've done with that  8) 8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:39:31 AM »
I'm not a fan of MDF terrain but I really like what you've done with that  8) 8)

cheers

James
I didn't even notice it was MDF! Nicely done.

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:35:12 AM »
That is very well done and will do nicely for gaming I'm sure.
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
Thanks Everyone!

I'm not a huge MDF fan myself, but it seems like that's the way most things are going these days.  With the Company B civilian train engine out of production, I'll be trying the MDF one from Sarissa for this project. I'm not a 100% sold on it from the images, but I'm hoping I can make enough modifcations to have it look presentable.   I'll post pics when it's ready and you'll have to let me know your thoughts.

Chris

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 05:46:30 AM »
I think that this model will work well as a rendering of Bahnhof Moschi. Your modeling is flawless of course. The original picture shows the main difference that is the overhanging roof ends. This is typical in German architecture. The model therefore still has a somewhat British look to me. I am sure that you´ll find that type of architecture in British colonies though. However this is rivet counting. It´s great as it is. I really like it loads! Well done Chris!

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
That's a great photo Michi - wish I had found it in my Google searches.  Looks like it may have been a completely different building during the German period (or has been heavily remodeled since then).  I agree about the roofs –it’s a point of frustration for me.   I really hoped to alter them to look more German, but the way the roof supports are designed, it ended up not looking very feasible unless I glued the roofs down.   At least it looks like a chimney was present back then, so I don’t have to feel bad about that anymore.

Chris

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
That's a great photo Michi - wish I had found it in my Google searches.  Looks like it may have been a completely different building during the German period (or has been heavily remodeled since then). 

I found that labelled "Bahnhof Moschi" here http://www.rushwa.de/?page_id=1508 when I googled "Usambarabahn". Perhaps it does not actually show Moschi, but looks typical anyway.

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 04:01:03 PM »
I found that labelled "Bahnhof Moschi" here http://www.rushwa.de/?page_id=1508 when I googled "Usambarabahn". Perhaps it does not actually show Moschi, but looks typical anyway.

Thanks!  I was searching in English, so perphaps that's why I missed it. Lot's of other good photos there too. Even if that's not the correct station, I agree that it look appropriate.

Chris

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »
Cool build.

I think they could well be photos of the same station. In the newer colour photo the extension nearest the camera is much bigger - but has a very different roof to the rest, so could well be from a later time.

There are the same 4 big windows up stairs, open on the earlier one, with windows on the newer one.
The veranda is new. But overall the platform seems to be in the same place relative to the building.
The building at the far end looks similar but is hard to see in detail.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
Great build!  :-* :-* :-* Really sorry to hear about the Company B engine.  I have wanted to get it for quite some time and tried to order it during several sales. Now I understand why I c ouldn't  :?
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 05:40:03 AM »
Joe it's perfect.I especially like the picture of the Kaiser inside the building. Also I think the train station was used in episode of Young Indiana Jones,when he and his Belgian friend took the wrong train.I think it was the "Phantom train" episode ,which you can watch on you tube I think.Great job. And remember Joe German trains run on time.

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 09:13:09 PM »
Joe it's perfect.I especially like the picture of the Kaiser inside the building. Also I think the train station was used in episode of Young Indiana Jones,when he and his Belgian friend took the wrong train.I think it was the "Phantom train" episode ,which you can watch on you tube I think.Great job. And remember Joe German trains run on time.

Thanks.  I have to admit I never watched the series and didn't know about this.  Will have to go back and take a look now.  Might give me some game ideas.

Chris