Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:58:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

What will you do about Prodos "offer" to send backer rewards to those that place an order from the Prodos

Nothing:  I'm a backer and I already have all my rewards.
1 (4.5%)
Nothing:  I'm a backer that doesn't have all their rewards but they'll never get another cent out of me!
5 (22.7%)
I'll pay.  I'm a backer that doesn't have all their rewards and I'm tired of waiting.
4 (18.2%)
I wasn't a backer but I really like voting!
12 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: AVP Kickstarter Delivery Poll: Pay for Shipping or Not?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
AVP Kickstarter Delivery Poll: Pay for Shipping or Not?
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:47:01 PM »
So I'm a backer of the long troubled AVP kickstarter campaign from Prodos Games.  To succinctly recap, two and a half years after the conclusion of the kickstarter campaign to fund the AVP board game, Prodos has delivered an indefinably small number of rewards to backers, left an equally indefinably large number of backers nothing and have been caught out in a long string of misstatements, deceptions and outright lies, leading to the admission some months ago that the rewards are complete but the company did not have the funds to ship them at that time.

Fast forward to last week, Prodos "offered" to send out rewards to backers within two weeks if they were willing to make a 15 GBP purchase through the Prodos webstore.  They made sure to state this was an option and not a requirement and that backers that don't order anything will still get their rewards at some unknown future date.  It certainly smacks of holding rewards hostage for online sales, but about the only thing I actually believe is that the project is upside down and they don't have cash reserves to send out rewards.

I'm of two minds.  One one hand these jerks have been dishonest most of the way through and there's no good reason to believe they'll make good on the offer.  On the other hand I'm sick and tired of this mess and 15GBP is a small price to pay to get my rewards and put the whole sad affair behind me.

To those that backed the campaign, what do you plan to do?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: AVP Kickstarter Delivery Poll: Pay for Shipping or Not?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »
We already have a thread for the discussion of the AVP Kickstarter. I am not inclined to open another one which is liable to dissolve into the same stew of (to most intents and purposes well-justified, mind!) discontent, anger and borderline statements on the integrity of the people involved.

I do not see any proper and productive purpose for this thread. If you wish, feel free to discuss it in the Kickstarter thread. I will lock this thread and may reconsider opening it in the morning.