Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: zombie apocalypse in Tromaville, my work so far on my terrain and minis  (Read 9379 times)

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
Quick update,  just finished the exterior of my diner & a few zombicide minis

Probably need to invest some cash in weathering washes&spend a bit of time examining broken windows,  but all in all it looks better than it did before :D

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Window on the left looks good, one on the right doesn't look right - if bullet damage, I think it needs to be more round (like a spider web). But only a very minor distraction, everything else is sa-weet.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Window on the left looks good, one on the right doesn't look right - if bullet damage, I think it needs to be more round (like a spider web). But only a very minor distraction, everything else is sa-weet.

Was thinking the same thing left : awesome; right meh.
However, if it was a plexiglas panel, you could get away with scratches on it, but the two types together in one building wouldn't quite fit (although, it could've been a temporary repair job)
When in doubt, get a hammer and nails and cover it with a wood panel or boards  ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
Thanks for the honest opinions folks.
I wasn't terribly happy with that one either, so I'm going to take some scissors to it soon and I reckon it'll be easily salvageable.

Works stopped for a couple of days while I'm in night shift mode and also while I struggle to swallow the results of the referendum here in the UK :-[

I have a game planned for tomorrow evening (my first day off) and that normally gives me all the drive I need to throw myself in to painting and modelling projects for the next few days. So expect more pics in the coming week.  As always your kind words and constructive criticism is invaluable to me

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/steven_norris3/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160708_201009_zpskamppnq9.jpg.html][/URL]k folks it's been a slow week on the painting front but I've got a few bits to show off, and another terrain project started,  that should be completed shortly.
I also got some funky flickering led blast markers that work perfectly for molotov blasts & other remains in play fire effects

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
Some pictures of my survivors

Here's my generic survivors,  all made using warlord/war gsmes factory plastics.
Note the news paper on the preachers base is actually a shrunken down image of the paper from the beginning of day of the dead.

Next up my military sqaud. These guys are hasslefree minis and probably see more game time than all my other war bands combined

Next up, my Cretins biker gang. Still struggling to figure out the vehicle rules for this system,  so these guys and girls haven't seen many games yet. Note the separate foot versions, and all riders are removable

And lastly,  originally built for a mixed up gorkamorka/necromunda game,  but now acting as my cretins mobile zombie scorcher,  the Cadilac of doom!

Hopefully I'll have that new terrain piece I mentioned in an earlier post finished before weekend and will post some images then

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Some nice additions.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Plasma guns? Zombie overkill.

Nice stuff. Like the little girl in her party dress especially.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Nice work on those! Looks great in game.  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
This is a great project that you have going on here.
Most inspirational.
 8) 8)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: zombie apocalypse in Tromaville, my work so far on my terrain and minis
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words folks.
Works slowed to a standstill here due to the birth of my daughter and having my 6 year old son off on school holidays and in constant need of attention at the moment.
But I hope to update soon,  once I've had a chance to actually paint something o_o
Hell, I'll post some pictures of a game if I ever get a chance to do that again  lol

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
That is great stuff!  I too am doing a big zombie thing using some of the same buildings!  Yours are brilliant!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline nameless1

• Lurker
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 11:07:59 PM »
Looks good!

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
back from the undead!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 06:51:36 PM »
Ok, sorry folks, it's been a while since a last update. But that's because up until recently work had slowed to a crawl since my daughter's birth in late August.
After what seemed like an age without a paint brush in hand, I've finally managed to get back on the horse and get some hobby time in.
Recently we got into Zombicide,  mainly as a quick alternative to our regular scheduled zed or alive games, due to the easy pick up and play factor, and we've really fell in love with the characterful sculpts and zombivor alternatives for when your character dies.
I actually prefer these single piece sculpts to a lot of the alternative survivor options out there for zpoc games. So going forward we'll be forming our survivor groups from these minis & having zombivors at the ready, so when anyone dies, their number is added to the zombie hoard and the other survivors are forced to put their old comrades down.

So, here's my first batch of survivors

And thier Zombivors eventualities

And some more zeds

I've also been doing a bit more weathering and painted a few smaller"terrain-enhancing" elements such as the fencing in the images and scaffolding,  ladders, a overhead motorway sign & trash bags & cardboard boxes,  but not had a chance to properly photograph them yet